Close

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by printbus View Post
    what electronics does this have? Can you swap around the motor drivers or are they fixed? EDIT: review of earlier pictures suggests you should be able to swap around the motor driver boards to see if the problem is the driver board.

You're not trying to spin the motor too fast, are you? Are you commanding the move from the LCD, or from host software?
    I will try switching the stepper drivers and see what that does. I have not adjusted anything other than the eSTEPS... I'm using stock Marlin 1.0.2 as per the build instructions. For testing, I am commanding it using Pronterface although the problem was there when I was trying to print a test cube from an SD card as well (that was before I installed Pronterface). I do not know how to control the extruder from the LCD.

Quote Originally Posted by Donziboy2 View Post
    Check your current limit on your stepper driver. If its to low it wont be able to move. Also when you start making your own slicer configs be careful not to set the stepper speed to high for extrusion or it will do a similar thing.

Here is my setup, still need to finish wire management and do inlet/outlet+filter.

I did check the stepper drivers and the one for the extruder was set to .647v (all the stepper drivers were at this high level) and I reduced it to .391v as per the troubleshooting pdf from Makerfarm but that made no difference.

Your enclosure is pretty damn cool... is that plexiglass?

Quote Originally Posted by flatty_420 View Post
    I did check the stepper drivers and the one for the extruder was set to .647v (all the stepper drivers were at this high level) and I reduced it to .391v as per the troubleshooting pdf from Makerfarm but that made no difference.

Your enclosure is pretty damn cool... is that plexiglass?
    Yep Plexi.

Are you using Makerfarm Marlin or did you download it from somewhere else?

edit..
    I don't recall doing anything with eSteps on my printer lol.

Yep Plexi.

Are you using Makerfarm Marlin or did you download it from somewhere else?

edit..
    I don't recall doing anything with eSteps on my printer lol.
    I'm using Makerfarm Marlin. I tried the one that is linked in the firmware pdf and also the one that is in the Pegasus Software folder from the main build instructions (I think they are the same).

I tried switching the stepper motor driver between the extruder and the Y axis and now the extruder works fine and the Y axis won't move. That means I have a bad motor driver as far as I can tell...???

To control the extruder from the LCD:

Prepare -> Move Axis -> Extruder -> 1mm -> Turn knob slowly counter clockwise to feed.

I also read in the Makerfarm troubleshooting PDF that Marlin disables the extruder stepper if the hotend is less than 175C. I have not actually tested that.

I had the same piece of paper saying to change my esteps in the firmware to 102.3, but I actually did the estep test shown here:

My estep calculation came out to actually 105.6. I think I will run the test again.

Quote Originally Posted by flatty_420 View Post
    That means I have a bad motor driver as far as I can tell...???
    It may not be providing enough amps to the motor. You will have to see how to adjust the current. I guess it has to do with that potentiometer.

Is the driver installed with the correct orientation?

And yes the firmware will prevent cold extrusion.

Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    And yes the firmware will prevent cold extrusion.
    I had no problems running the extruder with pronterface while the hotend was cold.

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkASecondTime View Post
    To control the extruder from the LCD:

Prepare -> Move Axis -> Extruder -> 1mm -> Turn knob slowly counter clockwise to feed.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    Is the driver installed with the correct orientation?
    Yes

I had no problems running the extruder with pronterface while the hotend was cold.
    Same here. Pronterface will run the extruder motor with a cold hotend

My bet is blown driver. Had this happen to me right around Christmas on my 10".

Bought 5 spares for good measure. Plugged a new one in and right back printing.

-moyesusa

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast