Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Peachy Printer Founder
    CescoAiel
    altho you are technically correct there is also an easier faster way..
    For example if you wanted to print a solid cylinder you could:
    1 Print it tilted without a bottom so that salt water dose get into the cylinder while printing,
    2 let the top wall of the cylinder print
    3 when the print is done remove it from the printer flip it over and fill it with uv resin or epoxy or plaster of pairs.

hope that makes sense ... only Iv never done a video showing this ... perhaps I should.

Quote Originally Posted by rylangrayston View Post
    CescoAiel
    altho you are technically correct there is also an easier faster way..
    For example if you wanted to print a solid cylinder you could:
    1 Print it tilted without a bottom so that salt water dose get into the cylinder while printing,
    2 let the top wall of the cylinder print
    3 when the print is done remove it from the printer flip it over and fill it with uv resin or epoxy or plaster of pairs.

hope that makes sense ... only Iv never done a video showing this ... perhaps I should.
    Thanks Rylan, but for my understanding....
    1) When I print it open-bottom, it doesn't need to be tilted per sé at al, right? (Since the water will be entering through the open botttom anyway)
    2) [Assuming resin viscosity is low enough for it to allow it to flow in at the rise-rate:] Is it really any faster whether one prints the shell open bottom, and fills it with resin later *or* whether one prints the shell with a closed bottom and lets the resin fill it up as it rises during printing? (It still needs to print the same shell, and - especially when tilted - there should not be a lot of difference whether it does or does not include that bottom...)

I am very tempted to buy a PP, but just trying to understand it all, so I can figure out whether it will do (95% of) what I want it to do! Having the possibility to control a pump would be great, because then you can control the rise rate, and I am already thinking of (and experimenting a bit with) possibilities to do a low-cost peristaltic pump...

If the software and hardware included basic support for that feature from the get-go (i.e. 2 pins for controlling the pump and a setting to steer those pins by both # of pulses *and* timing per pulse and pulse interval), one could have a very simple control of many a pump model...

EDIT: Made a mockup for clarity...

* With this setup one could both do a single pulse of ex. 5s to control a simple DC motor driven pump, or use a simple pulse-to-step converter board to drive a stepper motor pump, or anything in between...
    ** Any more than that would be much easier to implement, as the basic control logic would be there already, so the modders need only modify the steering code bit!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CescoAiel; 03-23-2016 at 05:15 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12