Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Lightbulb Sticky for expected shipping date?

Just a suggestion, as it's a question I'm sure we've all asked many times, so wouldn't it make sense to have a sticky to give the latest updates for when you think the Peachy printer will ship?

I saw posts about guys getting their beta kits or at least notifications their beta kits were in customs, so we're getting close. What time line are you putting on next steps, give the beta testers a couple of weeks to assemble & report problems, then look to fix whatever problems are raised? Would 1 month be a reasonable amount of time for that to happen, assuming no really fundamental problems? So shipping might start for the rest of the backers/pre-orderers from say start of April? Is that realistic?

Technician
    this beta is STILL waiting for the v1.0 that was posted on the 11th of jan, the v1 had a 14 day 'holiday' in richmond bc and is still in transit from there(apperently left there on the 28th of jan)

Can anyone from Peachyprinter respond please?

I am sure they are hesitant to respond to this because no matter how many qualifications, or statements of "estimate" they give there will be some who will get mad at them if they are off or have to modify the timeline in any way. So we just have to be patient and wait for the next update when they are confident of the information they are putting out.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Wow.. I would have given up now to be honest, what have you guys been waiting now, 2 years?
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

Quote Originally Posted by NeilR View Post
    I am sure they are hesitant to respond to this because no matter how many qualifications, or statements of "estimate" they give there will be some who will get mad at them if they are off or have to modify the timeline in any way. So we just have to be patient and wait for the next update when they are confident of the information they are putting out.
    I'm not even asking for dates when it will happen, just asking for a little visibility to understand what is left to do. Get some feeling are we weeks or months to go yet. I don't think it's unreasonable. They were showing boxes & boxes of parts months ago, and some beta testers got theirs weeks back, even though other beta testers are still waiting. Been a month since last blog update.

Peachy Printer Founder
    Hey kevinod

On our to do list be for we start shipping are just 2 things:

-Class 1 laser safety certification
    -CE certification
    We have lots of parts to pack up into kits but until those to things are taken care of we must wait.
    Thanks for not asking for dates, we are admittedly wrong every time we predict when we will start shipping any way.
    The work left to do be for we start shipping seems relatively small. However the work of actually shipping is large and I don't yet know at what rate printers will actually come off the line.

Thanks for the response Rylan! and just saw your project update too, thanks for that too. Hopefully they'll get back quick on the certification, and the consultant firm smooth out all the bumps!

Technician
    Does it need certification because it's packaged as a complete printer instead of as a kit? Because I've had 2w laser diodes and drivers shipped to me, but customs never intercepts them (Ymmv, the companies I'm buying them from always label them as industrial samples). You might be able to get around the certification issues by shipping the laser diodes separately from the printers, if need be. Of course, 2 shipments would cost more than 1, but it would speed up shipment for people who are getting impatient (and don't mind paying a little extra for 2 shipments).

Peachy Printer Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by 3dspider View Post
    Does it need certification because it's packaged as a complete printer instead of as a kit? Because I've had 2w laser diodes and drivers shipped to me, but customs never intercepts them (Ymmv, the companies I'm buying them from always label them as industrial samples). You might be able to get around the certification issues by shipping the laser diodes separately from the printers, if need be. Of course, 2 shipments would cost more than 1, but it would speed up shipment for people who are getting impatient (and don't mind paying a little extra for 2 shipments).
    Ya we were curious about workarounds too, I even asked about the option of not shipping the laser at all and letting users source there own, as a drastic solution to if we didn’t pass.. it turns out that none of these workarounds are ok. Many company’s get away with many things but we are going to do our best to play by the rules as we figure all the rules out, one thing is for sure its not a simple process... Ill write more about what we have learned after we are through it all.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast