Close

Extruder Overflow

I realized that this may be the proper thread to post this in instead of the one i previously did. So i was having problems with my nozzle being clogged so i decided to just replace the nozzle and the throat after multiple attempts of clearing it, plus it was getting pretty grungy anyways. I had never had an overflow problem until now. I replaced both the nozzle and the throat and now the assembly overflows plastic. I replaced it the first time, and my block rotated out of place because the throat wasn't tightly screwed in, and it began to overflow. So i replaced both of them again because i have some spares, this time making sure things were tight(or at least tighter than before). Nothing shifted or rotated but it still began to overflow, but this time not as quickly. Am i just not getting the assembly screwed in tight enough? Any help is much appreciated, thanks in advance!
    IMG_20160226_160902[1].jpgIMG_20160226_160856[1].jpgIMG_20160226_160844[1].jpg

Engineer-in-Training
    It looks like the threading of the heater block is off spec. Just replace it with a new one. They are dirt cheap in china. No rocket science. It is just a piece of aluminium with holes in it and some threading. If you have the skills and tools you can also make one yourself.