Close

Makerfarm 8'' accuracy problems.

Hi everyone, just got done assembling my first makeker 8'' i3. couldn't be happier with quality and fitment of all the parts. My only issue would be the thin theaded rods used for the Z axis, as it has more wobble than an m8, other than that, nothing short of excellent.

I have it printing but the accuracy is off. I found some info on adjusting the stepper motors by temp and I've got them all fluctuating between 92-98. The extruder stepper is currently set higher because the gears are too tight. I need to drill out the holes for the stepper motor so it can move over more, but thats a seperate problem.

i'm trying to print the calibration piece that you can fit a nickel into and its printing extremely sloppy, the circle is off and its missing spots. The spots it does get are filled in very nicely and smooth. Its just getting holes and printing innacurately.

Were using the standard settings and 0.9.9 slicer as directed in the PDF.

Thanks in advance for any help.

photo.jpg Heres a picture of the nickle test piece

Perhaps try getting the POT meter to 0.39v,

Also try using Cura as slicer program, works great for me,

Ive heard that the new slic3rs have a problem with the makerfarm or something simulair.
    Also doesnt look like it was lvled that great, your printer.

Yep, been using Cura myself even though I used Slic3r for the longest time. With Cura, the travel is cleaner (less stringing) and the overall print is such an improvement.