Close

Engineer-in-Training

Peachy Software Problem

I have built the Peachy Printer...... not too fiddly.... Well within the capabilities of most people. The little magnets on the armature are probably the hardest part. I used 5 minute epoxy (a tiny amount) to stick those on and seems to be very effective.

However, I connected the peachy to my USB port on a windows machine and booted the software and got the error "An error has occurred - no printer found".
    Checked device manager and sure enough Peachy Printer is mapped as a USB device and operating normally. Tried un-installing and re-installing the software, but same result.
    Are there some dependencies I am not aware of ???

Tried it on the MAC and got "Please connect your Peachy Printer before starting the software"

So then tried Linux version on UBUNTU.

This said "not complete, more codes be needed" during the build, which failed to complete.

So I need some help !! Can anyone suggest anything I might try? Does anyone have a simple sequential list of instructions for foolproof install on any of those three platforms (including any dependencies). Any help appreciated.

Peachy Printer Founder
    Hey mike_biddell
    I have just PM ed you my phone number, Hoping a call will get things sorted out quickly.
    call any time
    chat soon

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_biddell View Post
    I have built the Peachy Printer...... not too fiddly.... Well within the capabilities of most people. The little magnets on the armature are probably the hardest part. I used 5 minute epoxy (a tiny amount) to stick those on and seems to be very effective.

However, I connected the peachy to my USB port on a windows machine and booted the software and got the error "An error has occurred - no printer found".
    Checked device manager and sure enough Peachy Printer is mapped as a USB device and operating normally. Tried un-installing and re-installing the software, but same result.
    Are there some dependencies I am not aware of ???

Tried it on the MAC and got "Please connect your Peachy Printer before starting the software"

So then tried Linux version on UBUNTU.

This said "not complete, more codes be needed" during the build, which failed to complete.

So I need some help !! Can anyone suggest anything I might try? Does anyone have a simple sequential list of instructions for foolproof install on any of those three platforms (including any dependencies). Any help appreciated.
    Errrr OK got it working using the linux distro........... this time had the printer connected during the build and when issuing sudo ./run.sh

Super........... I am running under Linux !!!!!!

Engineer-in-Training
    Rylan

many thanks for the offer.... but almost simultaneously with your offer, I sorted it.......

Cheers

Mike
    Last edited by mike_biddell; 02-25-2016 at 06:35 AM.

Peachy Printer Founder
    oh great! .... I seem to remember something about that script needing root to add you to a "dial out group" so that your user can talk to the usb..

altho I think if you dont sudo before build.sh it should prompt you for your password.

and then it may require you to log out and back in before the changes take affect.