Close

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Well if you would like your prints bottom to look like this then buy zortrax M200
    http://zortrax.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=249
    http://zortrax.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=176

If you would like to get banned on zortrax M200 forum, comment how bad these prints look like, or post some critics about their printer.

And come on do you really believe about 1.5microns positioning accuracy with belts? Then you need to go and ask about it in some CNC forum, have a good laugh...

Did I mention they doubled filament cost for EU users?

Huberbobas, thanks for your comments, you seem pretty passionate about them !

I know all of the things you mentioned and I did take the same things on board before I arrived at my decision.

I am saddened by the fact that for many on forums, they get quite angry because someone else does something that is perhaps at odds to their own approach. No one is right, we all have different views and opinions and we just make our decisions based upon what is best for each individual person. As jimc said, the only way some of us can get the standard of prints that are reliable and acceptable is by going for a printer that is closed source and bundled with pre-tested software. For you, you obviously have far better skills and experience than me so it's not the right printer perhaps for you - it's great because you get more flexibility and less cost for the extra time and skill you invest. You're lucky, but it doesn't mean that others who are less fortunate are wrong by default.

With respect to specifications in brochures, they have little influence over my decisions. I am wise enough to realise that what you get is what you see rather than what a company always says.

The fact that the prints they did of my own STLs came out as I wanted was why I was happy. Hopefully I will be content with the results - that's all I want

As for the raft - I've been in reprap long enough to try all of the usually things - hairspray, kapton, painters tape, heated bed, slurry etc etc etc and now I just want it to stick - if there method appears to do this and save me having detached prints then I'm happy with that compromise.

All the best,

Jay

How zortrax wants to improve their closed source printer if anybody else opinion is disregarded?
    I too like you am forced to take a fact that for now zortrax is very good printer, cel robox comes next but limited built volume 10cm height is making it more a toy than a tool.

Yes your parts printed OK, because they are mechanical parts, rectangular etc. They not figurines with various surfaces that do not print OK from bottom side.
    Zortrax does not reply to inquires about what components they use for their printer.
    i can buy for example made in china lm8uu bearing for 8$, SKF bearing for 45$ - and I don't think they will work the same do you?

Quote Originally Posted by huberbobas View Post
    And come on do you really believe about 1.5microns positioning accuracy with belts? Then you need to go and ask about it in some CNC forum, have a good laugh...
    http://calculator.josefprusa.cz/ 20-tooth GT2 pulley 1/128 step mode you can count it how many microns is it, math vs good laugh.

I wrote also longer answer for other gossips which you create but I think it is also waste of internet space //smile

Best Regards
    Martin
    Last edited by Martin Olchanowski; 03-06-2014 at 11:19 AM.

Engineer
    huber, lets be fair here. have you seen that print that julia did. thats a very difficult print for any fdm printer. i dont think any of us could have done any better with any of our setups. overall that print came out great

Hello all this is my first post here, I am a newbie but have a strong mechanical background. I am also a Zortrax M200 owner. My first print ever right out of the box was the white calibration piece (see link). The Hitman figurine has some flaws but it was done at 50% and that is how it looks right after removing the support material. The Rook has support material inside that I could not remove, rookie mistake, I should not have used support. The bearing is emaculate and spins freely. Anyways just my 2 cents. I am a very happy Zortrax owner but I cannot compare to other printers since this is my first printer.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ci0zf6gay5u72yr/GUcKYgLnAp

Dhatw.
    Last edited by Dhatw; 03-06-2014 at 07:15 PM.

@Martin Olchanowski

Pulley accuracy? Really? I mean declared printer precision is for a system of mechanical components as a whole, measured with instrumentation not theoretical precision. Stating theoretical precision instead of measured one and not mentioning is let's just say not being honest to your customers.

Now instead of being sarcastic with smiles as your last word, why not post the component list you chosen for your printer? If it's such a big secret then maybe just mfg brand names will do? It's up to you. Ultimaker had no problems with this, spiderbot too they even sent me calibration data showing 0.02mm precision from head to print table.

Any honest company in EU gives 2 years warranty, you give one, and want companies to purchase a warranty for additional 300eur because you give none. That does not inspire any quality related thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by jimc View Post
    huber, lets be fair here. have you seen that print that julia did. thats a very difficult print for any fdm printer. i dont think any of us could have done any better with any of our setups. overall that print came out great
    Well to judge quality maybe the first thing to do (especially if you a company representing your products) would be to learn some macro photography, or hire somebody who can do it for you. The zortrax print photos do not show print lines that as we know are always present in FDM prints, unless they have been smoothed.

About bottom surfaces of curved parts you must be crazy to say that, there are many printers that have similar things printed way better. Zortrax is yet another made in china printer.
    http://www.zbot.cc/en/products.asp
    http://blog.colorfabb.com
    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/MINGD...618548099.html
    http://www.mankati.com/fullscale-xt1.html

The Chinese at least posts better photos.
    Last edited by huberbobas; 03-06-2014 at 11:57 PM.

Ok well .....

This was my first contribution to this forum. I joined because I was considering buying a 5th gen MBI. I then learnt about the Zortrax and subsequently placed an order.

Can I say that I am absolutely sick of this forum already and as a result will likely not use it again - so frankly I don't give a damn whether this comment results in my removal from the forum even.

Why oh why oh why do some people have to post in an angered and offensive manner? From what I see most people are kind, helpful and constructive in their posts. For others, it is simply an opportunity to propagate bitter and rude comments against those to which do not deserve it.

datw, jimc, Martin and all the others that have been constructive, I thankyou for your help.

To huberbobas - perhaps if you were to post exactly why you are angry with either the Zortrax product - or even life in general, someone may be able to offer help to you too. Maybe you have owned a Zortrax and been disappointed? If so simply say and perhaps your view would be a little better understood? Maybe you have showed an interest and made enquiries on their forum and were treated poorly? If that's it, likewise say so - although quite frankly if they were rude to you I would have to comment that it may have rightly been earned if you conducted yourself in a similar manner on their website. I believe someone stated that they had even been banned - I would have done that myself if you spoke to people the way you have on here.

Put simply - you come across as a highly judgemental and bitter individual that seems to derive great pleasure from sarcastically criticising others.

Your comments are unfair entirely - stating honest companies give 2 year warranties in the EU is rubbish. The legal standard is 12 months. Look at MBI even worldwide who I have never really dealt with and they have offered zero warranty without paying - mainly because it is new technology that in general is hacked within a month of receipt! So one year is normal and actually very good in this field. You state that they are poor because they do not release their Intellectually owned property (material, firmware and software designs etc), and this makes them bad because you know better than they do and want to comment on their business model, procurement choices and technical expertise. It's not bad, it's standard practice for closed source products - do you similarly criticise TV manufacturers because they fail to release their pcb gerber files to you to critique before you buy ? No.

Everyone has the right to choose what they like - you are not a regulatory body that has the right to become nasty at them for doing so.

Don't bother responding to this - I shan't be logging into this forum again because to be honest it's supposed to be a hobby - something you enjoy not something you argue over.

Sorry but I had to say it,

Jay
    Last edited by jayceekeys; 03-07-2014 at 01:43 AM.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast