Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    YOO
    tanxx djprinter and warkal...
    yea..i saw that 'filament holder' and another part the 'filamnt clip'at allmost evry video or review...
    lt really seems like FF want us user to learn its "weakness" and upgrade it ourselfs...
    couse they do make new versions...and added new features...like adding the 'active cooling' to the printer as standard ...but this "fail" feature dont get any modification..

as for hardwear modification and upgrades....
    i probablly need to leard how to walk before ill learn how to run...
    but belive me....when ill know how to....forest gump will have nothing on me!!! haha

jfkansas sugestet those upgrades as well...

?????.jpg
    however those looke like for advence users....

as for you Geoff...
    you know it...you know it!!!

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    filament holder and clip are fine. Still using originals after 2 years never had a problem.

Best add on and the first thing you should print is the ducted fan adaptor to blow air on the prints.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:537918

I currently use the mk1 with a simple clip for easy attaching and removing. http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:350649

You'll need 24 volt 40mm fan - cheap from amazon.
    I wired mine into the same connector the motherboard fan uses.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by ARTISAN View Post
    YOO
    tanxx djprinter and warkal...
    yea..i saw that 'filament holder' and another part the 'filamnt clip'at allmost evry video or review...
    lt really seems like FF want us user to learn its "weakness" and upgrade it ourselfs...
    couse they do make new versions...and added new features...like adding the 'active cooling' to the printer as standard ...but this "fail" feature dont get any modification..

as for hardwear modification and upgrades....
    i probablly need to leard how to walk before ill learn how to run...
    but belive me....when ill know how to....forest gump will have nothing on me!!! haha

jfkansas sugestet those upgrades as well...

?????.jpg
    however those looke like for advence users....

as for you Geoff...
    you know it...you know it!!!

ABS not cooling really needed, PLA yes, and usually small items. I find big items in PLA is ok without cooling.

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    I wired mine into the same connector the motherboard fan uses.
    The output is 12v from that socket, im not sure what the amp rating is tho.. I was going to just piggy back off it too but was concerned it would put too much load on that particular socket. My board is pretty old school now.
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    nope no 12 volt outputs anywhere on the mightyboard. All 24. Check :-)

Assuming his machine is still using the standard mightyboard - then he'll need 24 volt fan.

And I found that the cooling fan massively improved all prints both abs and pla as soon as I fitted it.

Went from really dodgy underhangs to near perfect spheres. All bridging and curved surfaces started looking like they should.

Best add-on ever :-)

DAMMMM
    you all made me twitching...I WANNA PRINT..!!

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    nope no 12 volt outputs anywhere on the mightyboard. All 24. Check :-)

Assuming his machine is still using the standard mightyboard - then he'll need 24 volt fan.

And I found that the cooling fan massively improved all prints both abs and pla as soon as I fitted it.

Went from really dodgy underhangs to near perfect spheres. All bridging and curved surfaces started looking like they should.

Best add-on ever :-)

if this is the 'active cooling system'...i'v been told it come as a standart now...
    how to conect it ...ill pass that bridge when ill get there....preaty sure ill "thread" that too )

did any one changed the wiring like 'jfkansas' sugested??

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by ARTISAN View Post
    DAMMMM
    you all made me twitching...I WANNA PRINT..!!

if this is the 'active cooling system'...i'v been told it come as a standart now...
    how to conect it ...ill pass that bridge when ill get there....preaty sure ill "thread" that too )

did any one changed the wiring like 'jfkansas' sugested??
    Yep FFCP now comes with an active cooling fan standard, you do need to install the duct which is also included.

One tip is to print from the SD. While it's convenient to print directly from your computer via usb, you dramatically increase the chances of things going wrong during a print.

At some point, you''ll probably want to updgrade to a glass build plate, but the blue stuff that it comes with is good for your first few prints. I found that after a while ABS prints started sticking too well to it, and it was a pain to remove them from inside the machine.

If you do end up using a glass plate you'll need to solve the problem of how to secure it. I tried just about everything, corner clips never held it tight enough, and metal paper clips could get hit by the extruders. The ultimate solution ended up being 0.5mm silicon thermal pads (the kind you use to attach heatsinks to cpus). These pads are nonadhesive yet sticky enough to hold the plate firmly in place, they also transfer heat to the glass very well, and there's nothing to get in the way of the extruders.
    Last edited by djprinter; 02-24-2016 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by djprinter View Post
    Yep FFCP now comes with an active cooling fan standard, you do need to install the duct which is also included.

One tip is to print from the SD. While it's convenient to print directly from your computer via usb, you dramatically increase the chances of things going wrong during a print.

At some point, you''ll probably want to updgrade to a glass build plate, but the blue stuff that it comes with is good for your first few prints. I found that after a while ABS prints started sticking too well to it, and it was a pain to remove them from inside the machine.

If you do end up using a glass plate you'll need to solve the problem of how to secure it. I tried just about everything, corner clips never held it tight enough, and metal paper clips could get hit by the extruders. The ultimate solution ended up being 0.5mm silicon thermal pads (the kind you use to attach heatsinks to cpus). These pads are nonadhesive yet sticky enough to hold the plate firmly in place, they also transfer heat to the glass very well, and there's nothing to get in the way of the extruders.
    yup...
    the glass plate sounds a good thing...preaty sure ill go with this one
    i think removing the printed object OUTSIDE the printer would be safer/Easier

about the glass...is that should be tembred glass..or regular one?

and i didnt get it yet...should i hair spry/glue?
    and how much should be spryed??..till it get wet...or light spray it like a "fog" texture?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12