Close

Technician

Printers at the attic / changing temperature

Hello,

at the moment, I've just 1 printer and 1 scanner.
    But, within a fe months, I've got more printers and more scanners.
    I've to decide to put them at the attic in stead of the room where they stand now. Because i don't have much room to place them in the room where they stand now.

But, there is a little problem.
    In the winter its a bit colder there and in the summer it can be around 30 / 35 Centrigrade.
    Can that be a problem for the printers and for the printquality?

What can I do to the print quality wenn its getting warmer inside the attic?

Thanks a lot for your answers.

Gr. René

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    Are you storing them in the attic, or printing on them up there? Most build materials are sensitive to temperature and moisture.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by Davo View Post
    Are you storing them in the attic, or printing on them up there? Most build materials are sensitive to temperature and moisture.
    Hello,

I do want them printing up there.

Gr. René

I've been printing in my workshop where the temperature has been 30 - 35C (Australian Summer). I think that these ambient temperatures may have contributed to corner lifting. All I can suggest is that if you are working in an attic, set up a cooling air-conditioner, but be careful about humidity. A small portable unit should do an attic space. If the temperature gets above 25C, try doing ABS prints with the print board at 90C.

Old Man Emu

Follow papabur On Twitter Add papabur on Facebook Add papabur on Google+ Add papabur on Thingiverse
    If your using heated platforms, as long as you close the print envelope, it wont matter much..

Follow papabur On Twitter Add papabur on Facebook Add papabur on Google+ Add papabur on Thingiverse
    If your that worried baout it, maybe consider putting a space heater up there or somethin...