Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HICTOP PRUSA i3

HICTOP PRUSA i3

**Searched all the posts and could not find this anywhere**

so i purchased this HICTOP PRUSA i3 on amazon for a great price. I knew before I got it the thing would require some tinkering and tweaking. NP they sent a link to Cura software and firmware files that have been nearly useless.
    The board on the thing is red and marked MPX-3. it has the power: bed, fan, etc... all in one row, vs main pwr green rest of them another color and separated off to themselves.

I may be missing something, but the manufacturer posts on Amazon, the board type is 3dp11 but I can't find that printed on the board, only MPX-3. I'm having some issues with the firmware (guessing) as the Zaxis is reversed during Cura bed leveling, which is rubbish, BTW, so I researched the board, GIYF, and could find NOTHING remotely resembling my board in even an image search.

Bottom line, I'm afraid to flash some audrino or saurino, whatever, as I'm certain it's not the correct firmware. I'm fit to be tied as the damn thing doesn't heat up as quickly from the usb start printing option as from the led selector does, and it stops heating before reaching the desired temp.

any info, or anyone with this fricking board?

buxtor

It looks like 3dp11 is the Hic Technologies' (manufacturer) part number for the 3d printer.

The 3d community here is really awsome; post a picture of the circuit board. I'm sure it's one of only 3-4 boards used in printers, and sombody will recognize it.
    You could, (depending on your threshold level for pain) call Hic Technologies (www.hic3dprinter .com).
    But, give the community here, a chance to help first.

Wes

I bought the I3 off of amazon and have had really good results. Can you post a picture of your board? If it is the same one (I bought mine 3 months ago) I can send you a link to working firmware and the Arduino IDE to load it.

I cannot figure out which flavor of controller board my red mpx.3 is either.

Tom's Guide has a tutorial about how one can set up a proximity sensor for use with an aluminum heat bed, but I'm hesitant to flash my firmware with the required changes without knowing specifically what board I have.

Is this similar to yours @GATJ ?

20160228_125141.jpg

I'm having good luck with the printer as well, btw.

I am also having some major difficulties with my hitch prusa i3 printer. Whenever I try to print, the temperature starts dropping fast and before long, it is not hot enough to extrude. This is after thousands of other problems with my machine. Help anyone??

Quote Originally Posted by Yeah19 View Post
    I am also having some major difficulties with my hitch prusa i3 printer. Whenever I try to print, the temperature starts dropping fast and before long, it is not hot enough to extrude. This is after thousands of other problems with my machine. Help anyone??
    I got one of these and built it last week (3DP-11). The firmware supplied was no good. I found a good link on reprap.org forums regarding firmware for this printer and have gotten it to work. Have you had any luck yet? Is your power supply 24 volts? They made that change and didn't calibrate the firmware to account for that I think. Basically they ruined their product with an "improvement". I'd be happy to help, I haven't heard from their tech support either. Not good. Previous reviews said they were responsive, but perhaps they don't know the fixes necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by kheston View Post
    I cannot figure out which flavor of controller board my red mpx.3 is either.

Tom's Guide has a tutorial about how one can set up a proximity sensor for use with an aluminum heat bed, but I'm hesitant to flash my firmware with the required changes without knowing specifically what board I have.

Is this similar to yours @GATJ ?

20160228_125141.jpg

I'm having good luck with the printer as well, btw.
    YES! I am trying to post the pic of mine in here but it's not letting me. I hope I'm not spamming trying multiple times but it's their i3 standard board!

My board!!!

20161101_103510.jpg
    Last edited by buxtor; 11-03-2016 at 08:31 PM. Reason: MAYBE POSTING A PIC...FAIL!

Wes,
    How the hell do we post pictures on here? Every time i select the file and click UPLOAD FILES nothing happens.???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast