Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleSeven View Post
    Here's a Challenge for those that Think they are Experts !

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1347911

Well, looks like Everyone Failed to print this object
    or are Afraid to try it !

Note: I'm in the Afraid to try it group
    Last edited by EagleSeven; 02-22-2016 at 08:05 AM.

Senior Engineer
    Not forgetting the "I didn't see the point so I'm not going to bother" group which, I suspect, is around the 99% +- 1% mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    Not forgetting the "I didn't see the point so I'm not going to bother" group which, I suspect, is around the 99% +- 1% mark.
    Yes, I call that the 'Very Negative Group' !

Also known as the 'No Fun group !

My first print posted, kinda fitting lol. I have been wrenching/tinkering, wrenching sounds more manly imo, on my duplicator. Printed z stop bracket, duct, x axis brace setup, 3mm y carriage upgrade with custom offset bearing blocks to go with it. Also printed the x axis bearing blocks to free up the belt. The main issue I still see is the flat pulleys, and I got two toothed pulleys in route. Might get some dampners for the x and y motors too. Still got some tuning to do, but it's calibrated and working quite nice. I have since printed a single walled candy dish at 50mm/s and it came out tons cleaner then the original printer. Clearly I have been busy learning and diving right into the machine.

Anyhow I seen this thread and figured I would do a fast dirty test. I printed this sliced at 40mm/s @ 210 10% infill no raft, support, or brim and didn't even use a clean plate just for fun. I was printing spool adapters and left the nut off and the spool fell off during the print HAHAHA! Not funny it hit my printer, but funny that the print made it through that.
    I did step in at the ball, and lowered the speed to 80% via the controller, and dropped to 200 to prevent failure. Took about 35 mins.

20160223_121343.jpg20160223_124406.jpg
    Last edited by Adamseye; 02-23-2016 at 12:43 PM. Reason: P.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamseye View Post
    My first print posted, kinda fitting lol. I have been wrenching/tinkering, wrenching sounds more manly imo, on my duplicator. Printed z stop bracket, duct, x axis brace setup, 3mm y carriage upgrade with custom offset bearing blocks to go with it. Also printed the x axis bearing blocks to free up the belt. The main issue I still see is the flat pulleys, and I got two toothed pulleys in route. Might get some dampners for the x and y motors too. Still got some tuning to do, but it's calibrated and working quite nice. I have since printed a single walled candy dish at 50mm/s and it came out tons cleaner then the original printer. Clearly I have been busy learning and diving right into the machine.

Anyhow I seen this thread and figured I would do a fast dirty test. I printed this sliced at 40mm/s @ 210 10% infill no raft, support, or brim and didn't even use a clean plate just for fun. I was printing spool adapters and left the nut off and the spool fell off during the print HAHAHA! Not funny it hit my printer, but funny that the print made it through that.
    I did step in at the ball, and lowered the speed to 80% via the controller, and dropped to 200 to prevent failure. Took about 35 mins.

20160223_121343.jpg20160223_124406.jpg
    Great, I knew Someone could Do it !
    Thanks for pictures ! I really Like the one that's 'Up-side Down' !

Actually I would like to try it, just for jollies. Unfortunately I won't be seeing my printer for quite some time...

any limitations on FDM vs SLA? I may try it on my muve3d should be easy on that.

Quote Originally Posted by dunginhawk View Post
    any limitations on FDM vs SLA? I may try it on my muve3d should be easy on that.
    Can you print a .stl file (designed for FDM printer) on a SLA printer ??
    ( I know nothing about file requirements of a SLA printer )
    The object may need to be reduced in size to print it on SLA, which would not be the same challenge ?

yes i can print STL files. i can likely print this sized object... if i can print it unaltered in its size, and it fits, i may try it

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian Finke View Post
    Actually I would like to try it, just for jollies. Unfortunately I won't be seeing my printer for quite some time...
    I can lend you one if you get desperate :-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12