Close

Shift of build when making two color item.

I have a problem when I do 2 color printing. When it starts printing with the second extruder I get a frame shift -- see pictures. If I print the same model with a single extruder, right or left, all works fine. However, if I merge two parts of the model with ReplicatorG I get the shift either to the right or left. Help please!

print problem 1.jpgprint problem 2.jpg

Engineer-in-Training
    If either of your nozzles alone works fine, then it is not a height issue. My guess is that you need to specify the correct distance between the two nozzles in your slicer. There should be a setting somewhere.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    could be several things.

1) you need to calibrate/align the nozzles for dual nozzle printing. Similiar to aligning inkjet nozzles the printer needs you to tell it if the nozzles aren't quite in alignment.

2) rep-g sucks - it's just the most awful 3d printing software ever written (that I've seen). Try with makerware. I'd say get simplify 3d - but that's still useless for dual extrusion prints. Great for everything else - but still crap for dual prints. Makerware works great for dual extrusion prints.

3) are you creating two seperate files from asingle model in your cad software, which should work - or relying on rep-g to stitch together two different, in which case see point '2' and most likely also point '1'

In fact if I had to bet I'd bet on it being an alignment issue