Close

Question Whats the general concensus on the future of 3d Printing and Manufacture?

Hi,
    I'm writing a dissertation around this area and any responses to my survey would really help me out.
    Its really short, so it won't take too long.

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/PJ2KGHW

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    Ehh...we've had about 30 of these surveys go through in the past year. You might want to check with those guys and see if you could just use their data. But I'll take a look anyways.

Staff Engineer
    I tried to fill it out, but it wouldn't accept "other" as a profession, even though I filled in the box. Also, your questions need proof-reading. It's hard to believe one is really contributing to scholarship when the questions aren't grammatical. Some of them didn't make sense even if they were legible - the choice of a method for prototyping something depends a lot on what it is you're trying to produce, which you didn't specify. A 3D-printed model is good for some things, but not everything. If you need to find out about the load-bearing characteristics of a steel structure, FEA analysis will work better than a plastic prototype. If you're making a hand-made object, it would be a waste of time to make a 3D model and print it.

Try again, think harder about what you need to know, and try doing the survey yourself before inflicting it on the world.

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    Those were my thoughts too, along with it feeling quite forced, as in leading questions that forced one to answer a certain way. "Did you kill your wife on Monday or Tuesday?" Wait, no...