Close

X axis only moves a couple of mm's

So I took apart my extruder with the power off and now when I home the printer the x axis only moves a couple of mm's. While using pronterface I can manually move it to the left side of the printer just fine but when I want to move it to the right it will go about half way and then stop.

Student
    Follow avluis On Twitter Add avluis on Google+ Add avluis on Thingiverse
    Sounds like and endstop is being triggered. Try sending an M119.

So I tried sending M119 and it doesnt do anything. Now when I try to home the x it just quickly moves back and frth nd then does nothing.

Student
    So when you sent M119 - all your endstops were open?

I just reconnected and tried again as before when I sent the code nothing came back. After I reopend Pronterface and sent the code it says the x axis is triggered and all others are open.

So I reversed the wires on the endstop and still getting a x triggered in pronterface.

Student
    Check the endstop itself to make sure it is not shorted.

Engineer
    Might be a broken X endstop switch wire, too.

So this morning I decided to try a different endstop so I swaped the x and y and everything works now.

I have 2 3d printers and every thing works heating, melting, and the plate heats, but as it get's to the point to start printing it goes to the home corner and stops and starts making a loud noise, if I leave it the noise stops and the head tries to go to the start point but doesn't get there it starts to zig zag and just move around a little at which time I stop it. I have tried every thing I know to get it to work but even my other printer is doing the same thing????? Any help ????? Thanks Ron.