Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Technician
    Thanks Roxy, i looked into it and appears it's been reported several times and fixed in the RCbugfix release,but I cannot get that version to compile for some reason. I think I must have missed a comment somewhere. I'll have to spend a little more time with it this week.

Quote Originally Posted by dustmann View Post
    Thanks Roxy, i looked into it and appears it's been reported several times and fixed in the RCbugfix release,but I cannot get that version to compile for some reason. I think I must have missed a comment somewhere. I'll have to spend a little more time with it this week.
    Yeah... Apparently... It has been fixed for a while. And it caused a lot of bug reports when the bug got introduced:

https://github.com/MarlinFirmware/Marlin/issues/3142

I think I would download RCBugFix and verify it compiles with no changes first. And then I would start crossing my printer specific values over to it.

It should compile clean if you just download it and compile it.

Technician
    Well it compiles just fine as downloaded, but when I change the motherboard to BOARD_RUMBA from the RAMPS, I get an error that I detail below. After inspection of language.h it appears that RUMBA is missing a #define DEFAULT_SOURCE_URL command. I double checked and the RC3 language.h is exactly the same, which I thought was strange. I just copied a generic #define DEFAULT_SOURCE_URL "https://github.com/MarlinFirmware/Marlin" in there and it compiled with no errors.

Arduino: 1.6.8 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)"
    In file included from sketch\Marlin.h:20:0,
    from sketch\Marlin_main.cpp:30:
    sketch\Marlin_main.cpp: In function 'void gcode_M115()':
    language.h:78: error: expected ')' before 'DEFAULT_SOURCE_URL'
    #define SOURCE_CODE_URL DEFAULT_SOURCE_URL
    ^
    sketch\Marlin_main.cpp:4351:3: note: in expansion of macro 'SERIAL_PROTOCOLPGM'
    SERIAL_PROTOCOLPGM(MSG_M115_REPORT);
    ^
    sketch\language.h:122:112: note: in expansion of macro 'SOURCE_CODE_URL'
    #define MSG_M115_REPORT "FIRMWARE_NAME:Marlin " DETAILED_BUILD_VERSION " SOURCE_CODE_URL:" SOURCE_CODE_URL " PROTOCOL_VERSION:" PROTOCOL_VERSION " MACHINE_TYPE:" MACHINE_NAME " EXTRUDER_COUNT:" STRINGIFY(EXTRUDERS) " UUID:" MACHINE_UUID "\n"
    ^
    sketch\Marlin_main.cpp:4351:22: note: in expansion of macro 'MSG_M115_REPORT'
    SERIAL_PROTOCOLPGM(MSG_M115_REPORT);
    ^
    exit status 1
    expected ')' before 'DEFAULT_SOURCE_URL'

Technician
    I confirmed tonight the bugfix firmware does resolve the issue after adding the language.h change. Now I'm back in business!

Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post

Makerfarm i3 8" Itty bitty flex E3D auto retract hot ends, ABL
    What do you mean by auto retract hot ends? Does one of them move out of the way when you are using the other?

Yes.......
    Quote Originally Posted by jackal24 View Post
    What do you mean by auto retract hot ends? Does one of them move out of the way when you are using the other?

That is cool! Do you have to do something to prime the hot end after it expands and is in position to use it?

Normal retraction works fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    That is cool! Do you have to do something to prime the hot end after it expands and is in position to use it?

Where is there any info on the retracting hot ends or is it your own design? That would be a great feature! I built an itty bitty double but couldn't get things level enough to work well, one hot end would always drag through material from the other. I removed it until I have more time to learn to set it up. Retract would be the perfect solution.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast