Close

Why is the flashforge 3d less popular then others?

Hi,

I'm currently looking into getting a 3D printer and am confused regarding why certain companies are more popular than others. (based on posts on this forum/videos on youtube/etc)

When looking into printers I see a few key items that will determine if one is right for you:
    Price, PLA/ABS ability, Single vs dual extruder, layer resolution, and for me-lead time to get the machine at my doorstep.

With that said, the Flashforge looks like a fantastic unit. When comparing it to the Rep2x it is more than half the price, same layer resolution, can do both PLA/ABS, BUT has a bit smaller build size.

I understand how branding allows companies to increase their price without having a sizable difference in quality, but seeing as I am new to this I cannot be sure its purely branding. Warranty/customer service, reliability may all play a huge role..

I'd love some input in this and see what others think.
    Last edited by tmaxxracer32; 02-27-2014 at 07:34 PM.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by tmaxxracer32 View Post
    Hi,

I'm currently looking into getting a 3D printer and am confused regarding why certain companies are more popular than others. (based on posts on this forum/videos on youtube/etc)

When looking into printers I see a few key items that will determine if one is right for you:
    Price, PLA/ABS ability, Single vs dual extruder, layer resolution, and for me-lead time to get the machine at my doorstep.

With that said, the Flashforge looks like a fantastic unit. When comparing it to the Rep2x it is more than half the price, same layer resolution, can do both PLA/ABS, BUT has a bit smaller build size.

I understand how branding allows companies to increase their price without having a sizable difference in quality, but seeing as I am new to this I cannot be sure its purely branding. Warranty/customer service, reliability may all play a huge role..

I'd love some input in this and see what others think.
    I simply took a risk. Turns out, not only is the machine fantastic, the support is better than excellent.

Thanks for your reply Geoff.

Originally I was excited about the flashforge but after reading up on here I noticed it was rarely ever mentioned so I became a bit wary. I then stumbled upon some of your posts and it reassured my thoughts on the machine.

Thanks again for your input!

I have a FlashForge Creator Dual, and LOVE it. Had some issues but once I measured the filament diameter and got all the calibrations done it was flawless.

I've had excellent support help from FlashForge out of China, and also now the FlashForge USA team.

My first post here and looking to learn all I can about the FF Creator X that arrived yesterday - hoping to print some stuff this weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by ixlr8 View Post
    My first post here and looking to learn all I can about the FF Creator X that arrived yesterday - hoping to print some stuff this weekend!
    I would like to echo Geoff's comments - I have been very happy with the FlashForge dual printer and have found the tech support to be excellent.

dave

Student
    Had my cx for a week now. The more I learn the more I love it. I bought it because of the similarities to mbot at half the price.

Heya Tmaxx,

FlashForge does not do aggressive advertising like some of our competitors do nor do we have a multi-million company backing us up. We focus ourselves on providing the best customer service (before and after sales) and user experience possible. However, we're not robots, and human errors do still occur, so we always appreciate if customers could give us feedback on how we're doing and areas where we need improvements on .

The way we see it is this: we provide great products and support. In return, customers would post their own opinions on our products (i.e. Amazon).

Word of mouth is a powerful tool, and we believe it is far more effective for potential customers to see from real customer reviews than an advertisement from the manufacturer itself.

Peter
    Need immediate assistance? Please give us a call at toll-free 1.855.243.9838 / international: 1.626.322.3855 M-F 9:00am - 5:00pm PST | E-mail: supports@flashforge-usa.com | FlashForge YouTube Channel