Close

New Porcelain Resin on kickstarter

Hi,
    just saw this Resin on kickstarter:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...lp-3d-printing
    Just wanted to show it here
    I dont have an oven, so i cant burn this resin.
    hopefully peachy would be able to print with it if it will float on water...but that is not mentioned in the description...

It looks interresting but from some of the images/video they have it looks like the object shrinks alot when fired which might be problematic if you plan to use it for something functional.

but if it cant float on salt water then getting it to work might be a bit more troublesome, but the peachy printer should be able to work the same way as other resin printers by shining through a piece of glass and having a platform move using a stepper mother instead of the dripper

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    what wil they come up with next ?
    That is very clever.

Or if you drip in resin instead of water...dont know if this would make a difference...

I have made ceramics for years.

All ceramics when made from wet clay dried throughly then fired into greenware shrinks.

Kilns need temperatures of 2,500 degrees Fahrenheit for 24 hours to turn the clay into ceramic if the temperatures get too high or too low the ceramic will explode or melt. Then after it is fired it has to cool gradually.

Then to increase the strength of the ceramic glaze is added to reinforce the fragile greenware. Glaze is extremely toxic too until fired.

The only way to know to counteract the shrinking is to make a small ruler with measurements and fire it into greenware.then find the percentage of how much it shrinks with a caliper or ruler.

Syncrhron you could drip in resin instead of water to get the level to raise, but first of all this would need alot more resin on hand to do any print but it could properly be reused.

Another thing that needs to be tested to do this is test if the resin is conductive for the dripper to register drips, if it isn's then you need to put in a pump hack. But all of this is theory crafting that really depends on the properties of the Porcelite resin

Peachy Printer Founder
    Thanks for posting this thread Synchron !
    I have just sent porcelite a message on Kick starter, asking for a sample.
    Ill take the time to test it if they will take the time to send it!

Peachy Printer Founder
    Great news Porcelite Replied saying they would send us a sample.
    There is a kiln I can use just a few blocks from our Hacker space.. so everything is lined up for testing.

wow, great news. And 27 Days left to test and get into their kickstartercampaign