Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by TiredJuan View Post
    It's the tool head offset (For those wondering I mean the distance between the extruders) . When I updated to Sailfish, all of my home axis remained, but my tool head offset had been set to 0, so when the printer used the left nozzle it went way left and started clicking before attempting to print.
    If I remember correctly there is a Firmware setting to select which nozzle is #0 and which is #1.
    (new firmware may have the nozzles Reversed ? )
    So, maybe if you switch those it will fix the startup location and keep them over bed-plate ?
    Then select the correct nozzle in slicer software as primary (#0) and secondary (#1),
    to select which to use when printing.
    Last edited by EagleSeven; 02-02-2016 at 11:41 AM.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleSeven View Post
    If I remember correctly there is a Firmware setting to select which nozzle is #0 and which is #1.
    (new firmware may have the nozzles Reversed ? )
    So, maybe if you switch those it will fix the startup location and keep them over bed-plate ?
    Then select the correct nozzle in slicer software as primary (#0) and secondary (#1),
    to select which to use when printing.
    I've already worked out the issue, I was simply explaining what the setting was. This offset being set to 0 is a common problem upgrading to Sailfish in CTC printers. If you do a little googling, you'll see others with the same complaints. The reason I put the value 34mm instead of the other values you had listed was because his symptoms had matched mine from my update.
    If you find that firmware setting, that would be great, as most software likes to default to the right extruder head, and I can't get my extruders level to each other so I primarily use the left.

Ok so this is an old thread but I thought I'd do an update.
    I have been putting up with the belt clicking at the end of the purge stroke all this time , and of course worried that one day teeth would go missing from the belt.
    I wanted to do a print yesterday that entailed using "pause" so I could drop in an insert, but the belt click meant that the printer would resume in a different place.
    After hours of trying to figure out what was wrong in the software/firmware I suddenly noticed something.
    It's like this : The original filament feeders are poor on these machines so I printed a couple of new ones off thingiverse that use a spring for tension. They work really well except for one thing. The levers stick out to the side of the feeders so you can push them down to open the gate. The lever on the left feeder hits the end of travel before the X position has finished counting out, and so it stops the X travel while the stepper is still running and hence the slippage.
    Now I have to make repairs to the left feeder lever and problem finally solved.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12