Close

Question Da Vinci 2.0A Duo adhesion help

Hello, I have a da Vinci 2.0A Duo and I am trying to print this http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:292041 . When it prints some of the corners start to peel and it gradually gets worse and worse. What are some ways to fix this?

Things to know:
    *I have kapton tape on the print bed
    *I have tried using a raft (raft peels too)
    *I am printing with ABS
    *I am slicing on XYZWare (I want to use Slic3r but can't figure it out)

I feel that the problem is the heated bed is only reaching 70 degrees Celsius before the printer says it's good to start printing, but XYZWare does not allow for a higher temperature.

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    Use Glue stick, and a copious amount. I have a 1.0, and am not familiar with the 2.0, but if its even close, you're very limited on settings.

See if a raft will help, but better yet, see if you can edit the stl to add a brim. That'll keep the edges down.

Mine usually runs about 80-85 I believe. The temp settings (I believe) are set in the spool cartridge chip, not the software. Get an EEPROM flasher and you can edit those settings, hopefully.

Follow 3dex ltd On Twitter Add 3dex ltd on Facebook
    Yes I would second the idea of using a glue stick for adhesion. If you don't want to go down this route then try hair spray or painter's tape. The glue stick method works for us.

Also most slicers can add a raft or a brim very easily and, as pointed out above, they really help to keep the edges down and therefore improve your print stick.

ABS is difficult to make stick unless you have a very hot bed (around 110 deg) but hopefully some of the above will help.

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    XYZ ware doesn't do brims, just rafts, which won't come off the part