Close

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Technologist
    woohoo, just spent a little bit this morning trying to get an example laser motion and found a bug There is a curve, but I'm not sure how well it will come out in the video. Trying to get a calibrations setting so it's more visible. If I get something I'll post an image later tonight.

Technologist
    Here is the curvature I was talking about, look at the big box, it bows in toward the center. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn30V6w7JUs

I have seen the bow before on fsl's standard firmware during galvo extent testing.

Need to get back into modifying this machine... too many projects right now.

Technologist
    I think the bow is due to calibration on the standard firmware, maybe I'm wrong. Trying to find a "formula" to get around this bow. Of course it would explain why some of my prints with the FSL software failed.

Technologist
    I feel bad I haven't had time to do much on this. I really wanted to stress test the Z axis before I go to print again. After that I think I've worked out a major bug last time I turned the printer on. I need to push it to the github repo. If I knew people were using or trying it out more I might be more motivated. Another half of me is pondering going back to the standard software and seeing how that prints with the resin I picked up.

Staff Engineer
    I think you have some of the same motivations I do. I work more enthusiastically on projects that may help others than I do for my own stuff. The feedback is important too, as you've noted. My printer is still in the box from the Kickstarter days. When it arrived, I updated the firmware and then learned of a hardware update. I can't recall if it was free minus shipping or reasonable cost, but it was shipped back, and updated. It's been in the box since, as too many projects running at one time can be overwhelming. I've been chastised for letting it sit, but I ignored that post, as no one can determine another person's actions, especially in matters of this sort.

I know I'm not feeding you the motivation, at least not based on my use. I enjoy your technical posts and appreciate your talents in the work you're performing.

My printer has been moved from the dead space into the hobby room, which is a positive sign anyway!

Technologist
    I'd have more motivation though if I had more spare time. I keep saying I'm going to find the time, and then something else pops up. I'm really hoping to get a halfway decent print of something by the end of the year. I just need to figure out what.

It's been slow going on the mechanical side of things too, but I'm making headway. Got the one point leveling build plate working well now.

I actually built a custom FDM printer just to prototype parts for the Pegasus... that put things on hold for months.

Staff Engineer
    Is your one-point leveling build plate similar to those that use a ball joint at the clamp location? From what I'd guess, one would drop the build plate into the vat with the clamp loose, then snug it down after making contact.

Quote Originally Posted by fred_dot_u View Post
    Is your one-point leveling build plate similar to those that use a ball joint at the clamp location? From what I'd guess, one would drop the build plate into the vat with the clamp loose, then snug it down after making contact.
    correct, I have pictures in the next thread: http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...ll=1#post96607

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast