Close

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Technologist
    Second cube wasn't much better, but I think I have some positioning issues. I need to try to write some new calibration code to see what is going on, down side is that I have a vat full of resin to store/deal with and do a full cleanup before I can do the testing; one of the downsides of starting to use the resin.

Staff Engineer
    I understood that one can leave the resin in the vat as long as it is shielded from light. I've learned from my reading that it's also very important to filter out cured debris from the resin before performing any additional prints.

Technologist
    Third attempt I tried turning off a feature I created just before I started the print, I'm pretty sure it'll fail; but it's still printing now. Running way too fast, but who knows, we'll see.

Technologist
    Just enabled all of my debug again and analyzed the results. I'm definitely trying to print outside of my 20x20 cube area. The extremes of the laser point indicate 35x35; which is pretty close to the "blob" I had print. Time to see what pushes it outside of that cube area. 200mb of data in my debug log

Technologist
    I dry ran a cube; this is the first few layers of a 20mm cube. This is basically what I tried printing the last two times that over exposed 5-10mm out from the edges of the cube. I cleaned up some of my code and don't think I'm going 35x35mm anymore, and seem to be within .05mm of size based on my gcode processor. The part that does go outside is my slicer has a skirt around the print which is common for PLA/ABS prints. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kGSB5FVPKk

Technologist
    Well, good news is....I made this cool video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4TlYq0LWaY Bad news is....I accidentally deleted all my code and hadn't backed up for a while. Semi good news...I recovered most of the files. I think it is only a few day setback....

Staff Engineer
    Great video. Too bad about the accidental delete.

Technologist
    I think I recovered everything, it's going to be a busy few weeks so I'm not sure how much I'll be able to get done, probably only a few minutes here or there. Hopefully by the end of May I'll have something working well if not sooner.

Staff Engineer
    I know this is partially off-topic, but it's aimed at your astonishing reverse engineering skills. I'm a Cube 3rd gen owner and they will likely become obsolete. Their proprietary slicing software is mediocre at best, but worse than that is the requirement to use chipped cartridges at a price slightly more than US$150 per kilogram for filament.

Obviously you'll be busy for a few weeks, so I would not suggest that you take on an additional project such as this, but what are your thoughts on a project of that nature?

Technologist
    Is it a filament printer? Does it use an arduino or other controller? I'm sure it wouldn't be THAT hard to reverse engineer, I don't have one so I couldn't say for sure. Worst case with a ABS/PLA and stepper motor printer I'm betting you could get some open source software on it. The Pegasus Touch is a different beast because it is a galvo laser 3d printer. Not very common, and I don't think there are any open source ones that are really widely used/known.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast