Close

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Technologist
    Yaya! I just enabled the LCD. Next step to enable X; and in parallel complete my calibration tools. Once the calibration tools are done I think I'll be ready for printing. I started working on a Z axis calibration tool. I haven't began the X/Y yet.

Staff Engineer
    Your reverse engineering skills boggle the mind!

If you could open up/unlock the Cubify Cube 3rd gen in the same manner, you'd have people flocking to your door! I'd love to be able to use Simplify3d on my soon-to-be-obsolete Cube 3rd gen.

Technologist
    Dang, broke the rest of my code enabling the LCD. Ahh the fun of development

Staff Engineer
    Is there a solution to broken code? Revision reversal?

Technologist
    Well turns out somewhere along the way a beagle bone black tool upgraded itself and wasn't compatible with the version of Linux I was using. *sigh* all my debug time for today was gone. Still have a compatibility issue between my code and the LCD, but that'll hopefully be something I can resolve later.

Technologist
    Using up the last of my resin. I printed 2 layers for a 20mm x 20mm cube, it ended up being 30mm, so I adjusted my scale and am now trying to print the full thing. About 20 minutes in and 1.77mm printed. I'm being very conservative in my stepping and pauses, so each layer has a 10 second pause between them, and I move up about 20mm between layers and I move 1/4 of that very slowly. We'll see how it goes in a few hours. I'll debate if I will keep it printing util it is done or not.

Staff Engineer
    I enjoy hearing of your progress with this project. I'm also quite surprised that there are no other contributors to this topic, even if only to say they appreciate the updates. You've accomplished something I'd never thought I would see with this printer.

Technologist
    Thanks. I try to keep a balance between too much and too little This print is showing me things I really need to do before it's ready even for others to start trying it out. One main issue I just ran into is the network stack seems to have given out and I lost my SSH window so I cannot see progress anymore. I need to make sure I can recover if things disconnect/die out. I have no idea how far along it is now after an hour, it is at least 5.37mm. I still hear the print, for better or worst, sticking after each layer. I'll probably stop it printing in an hour or two.

Technologist
    Well I think my X/Y scale *was* correct or pretty close originally, it was laser power that was WAY high causing it to solidify much more than it should have. My Z is either really short or my software cut out mid print. I'm not really sure due to the network issue. Going to try another print probably tomorrow night with 1/2 laser power. My network connection is slow but I'm trying to upload a short video of a layer or two.

Technologist
    Here's a video I took of it printing a few layers: youtube link

Here is my first cube.https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...hJMjVjU3pleHRB

Quite a bit over exposure

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast