Close

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Technologist
    I released the bug fix for my galvo bug. I'm also deciding I need to move all the Zaxis code into the PRU. It isn't going to work being driven via IO in Linux. I was having it move up and down as a test and I tried using the BBB for other tasks and I found a major change in performance. I'm trying to understand how the FSL3D code might move. There's a home sensor on the Z axis, but it isn't the bottom, you need to step beyond it, but to find it I'm not sure of a good method of seeking it, without going beyond it, I'll have to break out my PRU coding skills again and just make it happen.

Technologist
    Broke out my printer and resin.... for some reason my prints aren't sticking to the plate. I get nice flat pieces where you can tell where different shapes should be.... Have a new run with increased time per exposure. I'm also going to see about having longer first layer exposure time as well as possibly if I'm too close to the VAT for the first layer.

Technologist
    No luck getting it to stick. Tried moving up, tried move down, tried running the laser longer on the first layer...nothing would work.

Staff Engineer
    out of date resin?

Technologist
    I hope not, I just bought it a few months ago and opened it for the first time today. Trying to figure out if I really am just too close or too far away from the vat when I try to do the first layer, but I've adjusted the distance many times with no luck. The print sticks nicely to the VAT; which doesn't help.

Staff Engineer
    my printer is yet in the box from the KS days, so I'm truly not the best reference. I can only go by what I read and imagine. How's the scruffy surface of the build plate? Perhaps a little roughing up? Call your local bar bouncers and have them... oh, wait, use some coarse sandpaper on it?

Technologist
    Reading some of the forums and it seems like for the first layer I really need it smushing down into the vat. We'll try it again in the morning if I get time.

Technologist
    I went back to my original gcode object, I realized I switched. I also lowered the build plate more. It works a little better, but not fully sticking yet. I did add the ability to open the lid when the head is lifted and it'll pause the print until you close it again.

Technologist
    Found another bug in my code. I tried to enable running longer times on the first few layers by running the galvo multiple times, but I goofed and didn't realize I deleted the accumulated points the first time I ran it. Running again and the lift seemed to "stick" on more layers as if it was actually working better. We'll see a bit later.

Technologist
    Well looking better, my Z scale was off a lot (about 50%) and my x/y was about 4% off. Adjusted settings and trying a new print. Will try to post some pictures later. Then once these are better I'll work on getting some prints with higher levels of details.

I need a bug tracker.....

1) Ensure Z never goes below previously printed spot
    2) Check for open lid BEFORE starting the print.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast