Close

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Technologist
    Currently printing this object:http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:99028 software says about 49 minutes. 575 layers, and 4357643 layer points

Technologist
    Ok, the cura sliced file wasn't very friendly to the printer, moving back to slic3r. 583 layers, 28,778,899 laser points. 1hr30m or so. We'll see if it finishes.

Technologist
    Couldn't get the rook to print, went back to trying calibration style prints. I think it may not have worked due to using cura (I haven't tried anything else with it). I moved back to slic3r and things seem better with a number of things from thingiverse.

Things I've printed well so far:

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:8757
    http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:56003
    http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1762827

From my trying to get prints to stick I tore apart the VAT lining so I'll need to redo that. I see shadows of previous prints in all of my new ones

Also, I started tracking issues I run into on the github page.
    Last edited by doobie; 09-30-2016 at 12:59 PM.

Technologist
    Code is really getting there I just released a few updates to the github repo. I feel like I'm close to getting the rook working. the frame of the rook and the stairs came out really well, the spiral was missing and the top just didn't print. Sadly I started a print and forgot it was printing so I had 100 layers printed directly on the VAT and wasn't careful when removing it and tore up the VAT lining, so I'll need to recoat.

Technologist
    Source code taking down (by me) for DMCA violations, but will have it back online in the next week or so. I have it mostly functional again with my original non-borrowed code prior to finding the code on the printer.

Hi,
    I'm new. I'm 3d modeller and I've got a Pegasus Touch 3D Printer.

I'm not an expert in computer science and in firmware tools.I would like to know if there is a way to use my Pegasus touch with other resins (eg resins formlab or other resins in general, makerjuice ecc...). How do I upgrade the firmware in order to make the open printer? How can i presever my actual configuration for restore it in case of problems during upgrade?Someone could step by step guide me?Currently is there a system in order to use other resins and can control the exposure time and other parameters when locked?
    Thanks
    I'm not an expert in computer science he firmware.I would like to know if there is a way to use my Pegasus touch with other resins (eg resins formlab or other resins in general). How do I upgrade the firmware in order to make the open printer?Someone could step by step guide?Currently there is no system in order to use other resins and can control the exposure time and other parameters when locked?

Technologist
    Hi Luca,

I tried getting in touch with you on the FB group you created then deleted, and also the OpenSLA community... but without being an "expert" at Linux and development, I would not recommend trying to use my firmware at this time. You can backup the old one. The best way to do this is to buy a second beaglebone black and install my firmware on the new BBB and leave the old one untouched.

Theoretically once I get the software worked out it should be the ability to use any resin. You would need to use a 3rd party slicing tool (I use slic3r right now and will provide the general settings I utilize).

When and if I think my firmware is ready for more prime time beyond just anyone with the capability to test it out and help development, I might be willing to offer BBB's with the firmware pre-installed in which case all you need to do is swap the BBB's and you would be up and running.

Quote Originally Posted by doobie View Post
    Hi Luca,

I tried getting in touch with you on the FB group you created then deleted, and also the OpenSLA community... but without being an "expert" at Linux and development, I would not recommend trying to use my firmware at this time. You can backup the old one. The best way to do this is to buy a second beaglebone black and install my firmware on the new BBB and leave the old one untouched.

Theoretically once I get the software worked out it should be the ability to use any resin. You would need to use a 3rd party slicing tool (I use slic3r right now and will provide the general settings I utilize).

When and if I think my firmware is ready for more prime time beyond just anyone with the capability to test it out and help development, I might be willing to offer BBB's with the firmware pre-installed in which case all you need to do is swap the BBB's and you would be up and running.
    hi doobie,
    thanks for your reply.
    have you an idea of the times for go to market of your bbb with firmware installed?

in this moment that I have the original firmware in my pegasus can I use some third year parts resin that 100% work on my printer? do you know some compatible resin with original firmware? funtodo is compatible? thanks

Technologist
    Any should be compatible once we identify the time/energy required for hardening (assuming the frequency of the laser can do the job). My firmware gives full control for exposure time.

Technologist
    "Time to market".... I'm doing this in my spare/free time, which sometimes is easy to find, sometimes not. It generally depends if I burn through my VAT or not with print failures or how well my calibration prints go and other objects. Currently nothing will likely happen until I recoat my VAT which has been waiting for me to recoat it for a week.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast