Close

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse

Hyrel Cited in Scientific Papers

This list is now maintained at http://hyrel3d.com/wiki/index.php/Published_Papersand includes 450 documents as of Aug, 2023.
    Last edited by Davo; 08-14-2023 at 09:43 AM.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    very cool !

Papers don't show up - so how do you use ninjaflex for an aerial ? It's nonconductive rubber ???

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    Sorry, that last link has been corrected. They each work for me, please let me know if you are still having an issue.

The Ninjaflex substrate was 3-D printed by Hyrel 3-D printer and then the copper tape of the optimized loop antenna size was glued on the top of the 3-D hemispherical support. The connection between the 50 Ω-coaxial SMA connector and the loop antenna terminals was realized utilizing a silver epoxy.

RF Characterization of 3D Printed Flexible Materials - NinjaFlex Filaments

Even though it is a desirable material for 3D printed wearable electrical, bio-medical and flexible devices, there are, to the author's knowledge, no devices taking advantage of NinjaFlex's electrical properties, mostly due to the lack of electrical characterization of this material.
    Last edited by Davo; 10-18-2022 at 11:18 AM.

so are they saying it's conductive ?

I'll have to test that - got a fair bit of the stuff in the workshop.

(reads the article)
    Nope looks like they just like the flexible part and are mixing in wires and components.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 01-31-2016 at 05:37 AM.

The wired in components were to test the properties of the ninjaflex.

V. CONCLUSION
    This paper presents for the first time the electrical properties of NinjaFlex, a commonly used flexible material for 3D printing processes...

The presented accurate electrical characteristics of various NinjaFlex filaments with different densities could enable for the first time the applications of 3D printing processes to a multitude of RF applications ranging from sensing to wireless communication and localization systems.

yeah it's not exactly in english is it.

Why is it so many scientists lack the ability to communicate clearly to actual human beings.

Okay so i will test it with my multimeter then :-)

I think they're claiming that it has certain properties; that doesn't mean it's a good general purpose conductor.

This list is now maintained at http://hyrel3d.com/wiki/index.php/Published_Papers and includes 450 documents as of Aug, 2022