Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by rylangrayston View Post
    The new software source is here https://github.com/PeachyPrinter/peachyprinter
    builds for linux windows and mac are here
    http://www.peachyprinter.com/#!get-started/en0zq
    We have not tried it on RPi at all.
    Thanks very much.... I just gave my pi 2 to my son .... doh !!!! Otherwise I could have tried it. Wonder if it would run on the pi zero ??? It would be amazing if it ran on a $6 dollar computer. I'll try it on the pi zero, as I have one.

Just tried cloning the repo and running the install. I get
    ------------------------------------Upgrading / Starting Virtual Environment
    ------------------------------------
    ./build_linux.sh: line 54: virtualenv: command not found
    \033[31mFAILED Setting up virtual enviroment\033[0m

What is needed to set up the virual env?

Quote Originally Posted by iplayfast View Post
    Just tried cloning the repo and running the install. I get

What is needed to set up the virual env?
    https://virtualenv.readthedocs.org/e...tallation.html

Engineer-in-Training
    mmmm I'm struggling to get the Peachy software to run. The windows install wont work because it needs openGL 2.0 and my laptop only has 1.1. So need to see if I can update openGL !!!

It's dual boot, so tried the linux set up and it failed saying "need more code " ?

Quote Originally Posted by mike_biddell View Post
    mmmm I'm struggling to get the Peachy software to run. The windows install wont work because it needs openGL 2.0 and my laptop only has 1.1. So need to see if I can update openGL !!!

It's dual boot, so tried the linux set up and it failed saying "need more code " ?
    Actually I got the same problems on my laptop and Xubuntu 14.04.
    Error message "need more code" with the build_linux.sh, and OpenGL 1.4 limitation with the test.py
    And that sucks because my laptop GPU is not able to support a newer version than OpenGL 1.4

I don't have any Peachy Printer yet, so no big deal, but I don't get these high level requirements.
    Last edited by Fab; 01-28-2016 at 08:17 AM.

Engineer-in-Training
    If you run this utility, it will show you what version of OpenGL your video card supports.
    http://www.ozone3d.net/gpu_caps_viewer/

OpenGL 2.1 is on almost every system built after 2010. Are your video drivers current? Because no one with a reasonably new machine, even with intel on board graphics, should be having openGL problems. Very strange.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuvin View Post
    If you run this utility, it will show you what version of OpenGL your video card supports.
    http://www.ozone3d.net/gpu_caps_viewer/

OpenGL 2.1 is on almost every system built after 2010. Are your video drivers current? Because no one with a reasonably new machine, even with intel on board graphics, should be having openGL problems. Very strange.
    Anuvin

GPU_caps_viewer is saying my laptop has openGL 3.1. However upon trying to launch Peachy after installing, it puts up an error window saying I have only openGL 1.1 and then exits. Doh!!!!!!

Tried the install on my son's MAC and it worked straight away. But it looks as though the Linux and Windows installs have a problem (on my system, it might work for others).

I would be interested to hear how others fared with the install.

How are you running it and on what?????

mike
    Last edited by mike_biddell; 01-29-2016 at 04:13 AM.

GPU_caps_viewer is saying my laptop has openGL 3.1. However upon trying to launch Peachy after installing, it puts up an error window saying I have only openGL 1.1 and then exits. Doh!!!!!!
    On Linux, you can try this command line : glxinfo | grep OpenGL to be sure what version is installed.
    If problem, you can install mesa-utils.
    Last edited by Fab; 01-29-2016 at 05:17 AM.

Engineer-in-Training
    had to install mesa-utils first, but then glxinfo returned version string of 3.1...... so no idea why the install doesn't work for me!!!!!

I'll do some more digging !!! I can run Peachy on my son's MAC as an interim measure, but not long term as it is a bit like cutting his right arm off LOL.

had to install mesa-utils first, but then glxinfo returned version string of 3.1...... so no idea why the install doesn't work for me!!!!!

I'll do some more digging !!!
    Have you tried to run python /src/test.py ?
    Last edited by Fab; 01-29-2016 at 06:14 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast