Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuvin View Post
    [...] reasonably new machine [...]
    I had to tell to my laptop (which is able to run Sketchup and OpenSCAD) it's not "reasonably new", and now it's inconsolable.

Anyway, I hope a solution will be found or I'll have to buy a reasonably new machine to use the Peachy Printer.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    here's a thought. is there a way to get the peachy software running on android ?

Simple reason you can buy a brand new quad core android tablet for less than $50/£30
    http://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Touch-Y...android+tablet
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Yuntab-Q88-Q...android+tablet

Would give you nice compact all in one portable computer with camera with wifi, touch screen etc.

Just seems like the ideal thing to add to a peachy

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    here's a thought. is there a way to get the peachy software running on android ?
    Basically, it's a Linux core so why not, but you will probably face the same problems with the requirements.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_biddell View Post

How are you running it and on what?????
    Intel i5 2500 3.3Ghz
    8GB g-skill memory
    Radeon 6750 HD

Fresh install of Windows 10 might have made all the difference. Not sure. I wish I was having the same issue so I could try to work on it with you, but everything is running perfectly. Ran the installer and that was it.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Fab View Post
    I had to tell to my laptop (which is able to run Sketchup and OpenSCAD) it's not "reasonably new", and now it's inconsolable.

Anyway, I hope a solution will be found or I'll have to buy a reasonably new machine to use the Peachy Printer.
    Haha! Honestly though, I mean 10 years old or newer. Are you really rocking a 10+ year old laptop?

Are you really rocking a 10+ year old laptop?
    Late 2008 actually. But the Intel GMA 950 (same one in my Mac Mini) is stuck with OpenGL 1.4

Engineer-in-Training
    Fair enough. Sorry man, bummer deal. Know any computer nerds like me with a spare laptop you could borrow? Barter with prints from your Peachy in exchange? If not, a used laptop can generally be found on craigslist or ebay for under $200. Newegg.com has good sales on prebuilt machines for around $500.

Engineer-in-Training
    Intel i5 2500 3.3Ghz
    8GB g-skill memory
    Radeon 6750 HD

Fresh install of Windows 10 might have made all the difference. Not sure. I wish I was having the same issue so I could try to work on it with you, but everything is running perfectly. Ran the installer and that was it.
    My laptop is a similar spec. Core i5 Dell Inspiron, running windows 10. There is something odd about the openGL check in the Peachy software as it sees my graphic capability as openGL 1.1 when it is actually 3.1 !!!

I'll try installing again.

I'm a late enthusiast of the Peachy Printer, and I pre-ordered mine just few weeks ago.
    So by the time I receive it, I guess a solution will be available for old machines.
    Thanks for the tips though.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_biddell View Post
    My laptop is a similar spec. Core i5 Dell Inspiron, running windows 10. There is something odd about the openGL check in the Peachy software as it sees my graphic capability as openGL 1.1 when it is actually 3.1 !!!

I'll try installing again.
    Just uninstalled and re-installed ..... no joy

error.jpg

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast