Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Technologist
    Follow mikethebomber On Twitter Add mikethebomber on Facebook Add mikethebomber on Google+
    Quote Originally Posted by BSCdan View Post
    My company just created the world's first and only biodegradable ABS Filament. We're also the manufacturer of PLAyPHAb, a Premium PLA/PHA blend that is 100% biodegradable and gives PLA the strength and pliability of ABS. So, I guess you could say I'm biased.
    And that company would be?

Quote Originally Posted by mikethebomber View Post
    And that company would be?
    3D PrintLife

I should add the Enviro line of ABS is higher than $30 due to it's extra cost to manufacture. We do have an Economy line on standard spools under that price point.

Technologist
    Follow mikethebomber On Twitter Add mikethebomber on Facebook Add mikethebomber on Google+
    PMing you now.

3D printer pen and 3D printer use the same material or different?

Engineer-in-Training iDig3Dprinting's Avatar
    Follow iDig3Dprinting On Twitter Add iDig3Dprinting on Facebook Add iDig3Dprinting on Google+ Add iDig3Dprinting on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakio View Post
    3D printer pen and 3D printer use the same material or different?
    3D printer pens and FDM 3D printers both use plastic monofilament, PLA being the most common. What diameter of monofilament and what material your 3D pen can use will depend upon the 3D pen itself, what settings it has and the nozzle size.

For instance we had a customer try out our 3mm ingeo PLA in their 3Doodler 3D pen.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Don't get too excited about 3D Hubs, there are so many people on there now jobs are slim (and the place is a bit of a shambles at the moment..business at the front, mayhem in the rear.

I personally recommend Torwell Filament, no it's not the cheap stuff but it's not ColorFab expensive. I have bought so many cheap rolls from Ebay off countless suppliers, the only good quality I would recommend from our asian counterparts would be Esun filament - that stuff is flawless (so far)
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

Follow ralphzoontjens On Twitter Add ralphzoontjens on Facebook Add ralphzoontjens on Shapeways Add ralphzoontjens on Thingiverse
    3D PrintLife
    I know this company because I have worked for them as a designer. They are very professional and know what they are doing in the business.
    I recommend trying their filaments. I hear a lot of good things about Hatchbox as well. And I second the opinion not to order from China because it's not reliable. They sometimes also send you the wrong products.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    My company just created the world's first and only biodegradable ABS Filament. We're also the manufacturer of PLAyPHAb, a Premium PLA/PHA blend that is 100% biodegradable and gives PLA the strength and pliability of ABS. So, I guess you could say I'm biased.
    is that the same as the colorfab pla/pha filament ?

And how do you make abs biodegradable ? And does doing so alter any of it's properties - for good or bad ?

I use a local filament firm coex3d. Website is a bit lame, but good info there and updated fairly frequently. Once you get to understand how the products are arranged, it isn't so bad. I've actually found the mobile version does a better job of differentiating the size spools. Colored PLA/ABS at 23, B/W at 21 per kg and 500g spools for 9-11. Running a free shipping deal now for orders over $100, code is coexfree. Need to select the free shipping option after entering the coupon, it doesn't automatically do it for you. They offer a local pickup option for anyone in NE Wisconsin as well.

I only use their 3mm stuff, but found it to be very consistent and of good quality. I'm sure the 1.75 is just as good, I just have no need for it. Good price for domestic filament. I've found the company to be really responsive to email. They allowed me to test some of their new filament as well, just came out with a heat resistance pla they call pla prime, and a new PETG variant (don't think this is on the website yet, but pretty sure you could call and get a sample). I'm pretty excited about both, and the owners have a number of other filaments they plan on releasing before the end of the month.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast