Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Technician
    I second the Hatchbox recommendation. Their stuff is great and has barely any variances in the filament diameter tolerances. Their colors are extremely vivid, too.

Hi Matherox

You can hear a lot of myths about the "highest quality filament" is always the most expensive

Reassuringly expensive as the saying goes

NOT true!

You can get some Chinese imported filaments that don't have a name and usually there not terrible and are extremely cheap comparatively

However my brand that I use all the time which is compatible with all my FDM printers is Prima PLA & ABS (which you can find on amazon)

If you'd like to see the kind of prints done with this filament you can see some example 3d models on my website www.microworkshops.co.uk

Thanks!

Elliot

Hi Matherox

You can hear a lot of myths about the "highest quality filament" is always the most expensive

Reassuringly expensive as the saying goes

NOT true!

You can get some Chinese imported filaments that don't have a name and usually there not terrible and are extremely cheap comparatively

However my brand that I use all the time which is compatible with all my FDM printers is Prima PLA & ABS (which you can find on amazon)

If you'd like to see the kind of prints done with this filament you can see some example 3d models on my website www.microworkshops.co.uk

Thanks!

Elliot

I third the motion of hatchbox. I use almost ALL hatchbox filament in my customer prints, and they love it.
    However I use ESUN petg and thats good too
    hatchbox is hands down my pick for price/quality
    EDIT: and this is from experience. Ive gone through roughly 65 spools of hatchbox filament

Makergeeks seems to be pretty good. They are running a special right now, 2 random 1kg spools of PLA/ABS/PETG/HIPS for 33$. Thats $16.50 per kg.

Technologist
    Follow mikethebomber On Twitter Add mikethebomber on Facebook Add mikethebomber on Google+
    Second the Makergeeks recommendation. Got one roll of PETG and one roll of black PLA for $33 total, free shipping in US. You can't beat that.

Student
    Add BillyPLA on Facebook
    We are the filaments factory base at China,Please contact me on email:billy@superwinasia.com for more details.
    Thank you

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Well, I do at the moment have to suggest steering away from the chinese filament suppliers (sorry Billy!!!)

The last few batches, probably about 15 rolls from various suppliers have been pretty inconsistent. Part of the roll ok, but much of it contaminated, and you can't see until you get through a bit of the roll.

Right now I am using Torwell as a standard, and so far so good!
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

Student
    Add BillyPLA on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Well, I do at the moment have to suggest steering away from the chinese filament suppliers (sorry Billy!!!)

The last few batches, probably about 15 rolls from various suppliers have been pretty inconsistent. Part of the roll ok, but much of it contaminated, and you can't see until you get through a bit of the roll.

Right now I am using Torwell as a standard, and so far so good!
    Other Chinese filament suppliers do can not repesented my offer,
    Our prity is not every PLA filament supplers can reach since we imported this material from aborad.

I would like to send you to test for free if you interesting in.
    In other way, high purity filament is not the essential request for every 3D printing user as I know.
    Thanks for you reply anyway.

My company just created the world's first and only biodegradable ABS Filament. We're also the manufacturer of PLAyPHAb, a Premium PLA/PHA blend that is 100% biodegradable and gives PLA the strength and pliability of ABS. So, I guess you could say I'm biased.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast