Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Engineer-in-Training
    Usually. Just buy the super-hurricane-proof-fixating type. The more 'plastic helmet' the hair looks after application, the better it will bond. You will need to let the heatbed cool before you can take the part off.

Student
    Add PrintGuy on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Alibert View Post
    Usually. Just buy the super-hurricane-proof-fixating type. The more 'plastic helmet' the hair looks after application, the better it will bond. You will need to let the heatbed cool before you can take the part off.
    Before you sent this I had already picked up some generic extra hold hair spray from Walmart... "Equat" store brand for $3.01 ... Worked perfect.... prints are no longer distorted and everything sticks to the bed like it should.

I have 2 3d printers and every thing works heating, melting, and the plate heats, but as it get's to the point to start printing it goes to the home corner and stops and starts making a loud noise, if I leave it the noise stops and the head tries to go to the start point but doesn't get there it starts to zig zag and just move around a little at which time I stop it. I have tried every thing I know to get it to work but even my other printer is doing the same thing????? Any help ????? Thanks Ron.

Student
    Add PrintGuy on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald9 View Post
    I have 2 3d printers and every thing works heating, melting, and the plate heats, but as it get's to the point to start printing it goes to the home corner and stops and starts making a loud noise, if I leave it the noise stops and the head tries to go to the start point but doesn't get there it starts to zig zag and just move around a little at which time I stop it. I have tried every thing I know to get it to work but even my other printer is doing the same thing????? Any help ????? Thanks Ron.
    Seems to me a clue is that they are both doing the same thing. I suspect maybe it's the Gcode you loaded on them from your computer is corrupted. My suggestion is to try something different with the software on your computer that creates that code. I used 3D systems software. It isn't perfect but it's way better then the program that came with my printer.

Quote Originally Posted by PrintGuy View Post
    Seems to me a clue is that they are both doing the same thing. I suspect maybe it's the Gcode you loaded on them from your computer is corrupted. My suggestion is to try something different with the software on your computer that creates that code. I used 3D systems software. It isn't perfect but it's way better then the program that came with my printer.

Where do you get the 3d systems software??? Thanks Ron

I have tried the makerbot software as well and the same happened.

Student
    Add PrintGuy on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald9 View Post
    Where do you get the 3d systems software??? Thanks Ron

I have tried the makerbot software as well and the same happened.

3dsystems.com

Be aware, with this software the default print bed heat is set too high. Make sure u lower the heat. Check the previous remarks in this thread.

Also, if there is a slot you can load the gcode directly to your printer and not from your PC then try that. Come to think of it my printer acted kinda like yours when I tried to print from my USB cable connected to my computer.

Quote Originally Posted by PrintGuy View Post
    3dsystems.com

Be aware, with this software the default print bed heat is set too high. Make sure u lower the heat. Check the previous remarks in this thread.

Also, if there is a slot you can load the gcode directly to your printer and not from your PC then try that. Come to think of it my printer acted kinda like yours when I tried to print from my USB cable connected to my computer.
    Thanks I'll try the software and also try to print from the sd card.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12