Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nightmare start

Technician
    I think that's overheating, but not sure, not had it happen to me yet, but I've only done small prints so far.

This link seems useful for checking stuff like this: https://www.simplify3d.com/support/p...oubleshooting/

Quote Originally Posted by d43d View Post
    f I save a profile.. how do I then edit that profile? It tells me it doesn't know how to open miracle.json - do I just use notepad?
    You can use Notepad. You can also install Proftweak (google the link, don't have it with me). It acts as a front end toMakerware profiles. Again, the default Makerware profiles are garbage. Stay away.

Technician
    Can you set the step/mm to calibrate the motors in Proftweak?

For the extruder? That's not how the extruder is calibrated. Read chapter 5 in the Sailfish manual.

For the steppers controlling the axial motion? Select the correct printer in the Machine menu. In your case Replicator 1 Dual.

Technician
    But doesnt that select a general default setting, not the setting for the individual printer?

My stepper is off by a bit along the X axis. Makerware claims to write to printer when you change it there, but it never seems to save to printer so when I restart printer it goes back to old values.

It seems to be the feedrate that is messing my top layer up.. more specifically the infill rate I think..
    I had it at 90, but it just seems to not have control over the stream of plastic and it all ends up sticking up and a mess...
    Having changed it to 40, everything seems more or less smooth on the top layer...

Is this a sign of a problem somewhere else..?

Technician
    I've printed at mnakerware's default standard settings which is also 90mm/s and not had any issues.

What temperature you printing at?

I've tried 200 205 and 210.. All the same really.. Although 200 didn't seem hot enough..

On the load command now, and the line it does before printing.. the extruder does sort of a chugging sound and prints the line not smooth. It has gaps in it.
    Not sure what could cause that, but that could be the problem..

Technician
    That sound either means there is a clog in your nozzle or extruder, or the extruder motor is having problems feeding the filament.

Most likely a clog in the nozzle try to print with the other nozzle and see if the same happens.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    by 'feedrate' do you mean the actual printspeed ? ie 90mm/s

because that's much much too fast.

basically ignore any speed makerware gives you and change it to a number somewhere between 40-60
    That's your best print speed range.
    At a pinch you can print at 75mm/s, anything faster than that is going to cause serious issue - as well as shaking the printer like a bastard :-)

Also you need to slow the travel sped as well. somewhere between 60-90 is ideal. NOT 150 :-)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast