Close

Help! Flashforge Creator Pro Setup

I can't seem to get past the test files part of printing. I have tried Windows 10 and downgraded to Windows 7 because I can't get the 3d Printer to recognize my computer. Even though it came with .DLL files to install drivers etc whenever I go into Device Manager I can't find "Unknown Devices" to install the proper drivers. Does anybody know a way around this to install unkown drivers to recognize my printer at all?? Or any advice? Thanks in advance! =)

Follow ServiceXp On Twitter Add ServiceXp on Google+ Add ServiceXp on Thingiverse
    Did you install the Mega 2560 (FTDI USB) drivers?

Do not run on USB. Use SD card.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian Finke View Post
    Do not run on USB. Use SD card.
    This, when you attach your computer to it you drastically increase the amount of things that can go wrong.

Follow ServiceXp On Twitter Add ServiceXp on Google+ Add ServiceXp on Thingiverse
    I also agree that he should run his prints from an SD card, (it's what I do (Flashair)) but there a few more options available for those who can connect their PC. (Firmware updates and using the S3D machine tools)

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    what slicer are you using ?

try installing makerware - as it installs a whole bunch of driver files at the same time.

Haven't tried it on win10 yet - but I will at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    what slicer are you using ?

try installing makerware - as it installs a whole bunch of driver files at the same time.

Haven't tried it on win10 yet - but I will at some point.
    I'm using Makerware on a laptop with Windows 10. The drivers weren't signed, but approving them let it connect to my Monoprice dual extruder printer with no problem.

Drew

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by ServiceXp View Post
    I also agree that he should run his prints from an SD card, (it's what I do (Flashair)) but there a few more options available for those who can connect their PC. (Firmware updates and using the S3D machine tools)
    Yeah, but with anything you should start simple first and then add capability little by little.

So far all I've gotten able to print on my own was Darth Vaders head. I have numerous files that won't show up and the model of the soldier I do have won't print for some reason. It just extrudes and doesn't stck. I adjust the temperatures not it just pauses. I think I'm going to return it today and buy an easier plug and play with the same resolution hopefully...

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    resolution not an issue.
    But plug and play - doesn't actualy exist yet.

machines like the cel robox are close. but you'll still have to learn something about how a 3d printer works.