Close

Assembly video needs work

I've watched the assembly video a number of times now (No, I don't have my printer yet) but it's missing a lot of information right now, for instance, after assembling the tank system does the drip tank work through a siphon system or does the one litre bottle get placed upside down? For the scanner there are instructions on the scanner sheet for making a crank arm, what for and where does it go?

on another note, could the Peachy team also laser cut a ring to go around the top of the two litre bottle that we glue into place to help make sure we cut the bottle level and it will help reinforce the bottle helping it to keep its shape?

Engineer-in-Training
    To make an even level mark, all you need is a thick book to set on a flat surface. Lay a marker flat on the book with the end sticking out and spin the bottle on the cap, marking the bottle as you spin. Should be a nice straight line to cut.

Not sure about the crank arm, where did you see it?

Quote Originally Posted by Anuvin View Post
    Not sure about the crank arm, where did you see it?
    If you look at the printout for the scanner just below the encoder disk is a thick black line if you read the text below that it is instructions for bending wire for a crank arm.

Peachy Printer Founder
    Ah yes the instructions are very very ruff right now, they will improve greatly, dont worry were working on it.
    Were just putting up ruff drafts of the instructions now so that the first people getting there printers dont have to wait even longer, and so that they can be apart of guiding us on what needs to be in the polished instructions were working on now... if we made polished instructions with out community input im sure we would forget many important things, things that just seem obvious after you have worked with the printer for 2 years. Over the next month there will be many more ruff cuts explaining the rest of the process all the way from unboxing to printing and even guides on hacking.

Engineer-in-Training
    Sure enough. You can even see that Nathan made the crank arm. It it for a pulley system. I am not sure, but I suspect you will cut out a disk from cardboard and poke the crank arm through. Then run some fishing line around both disks and crank to spin your object. Does that make sense? Only thing I can think of for the fishing line he mentions.

If I might suggest, instead of trying to do the whole assembly in one shot, shoot each step individually, that way any changes would just be a matter of changing one scene instead of having to shoot the whole thing over again.

Engineer-in-Training
    That is how I do my videos. I will posts a link to mine when I get my printer. Should be posted in the next couple days, so check back soon! It is nice to see the whole thing done in real time. My last video was only 16 minutes, but Nathan's video shows every last detail. With two or more tutorial videos, everyone should have an easy time assembling their printer!