Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Student
    I checked on 3dprinterchat.com/shop but then again i live in Florida.. Mostly USA..

Every manufacturer possibly have different melt point for filaments including PLA,actually you can confirm this before you buy.
    You adjust the printer to meet the filament melt point to avoid the problem.

Although my company specializes in Eco-Friendly filaments that run in the $30's and $40's, we do sell some that are in the $25 range. These filaments are all made in the USA at the same medical grade extrusion facility as our Eco-Friendly line. We use the same material minus the solutions in ABS to make it biodegradable, and minus the PHA in the PLA. We use a very scientific method for rolling our spools that eliminates twisting, tangles, crossovers and loopbacks.

I think it really all depends on what you're looking for. If you're a hobbyist just looking for something that works, you can get away with some of the cheaper stuff out there. Honestly, that's not who are customer base is. We sell to Universities primarily. Some of the more well known schools using our filaments include Harvard, Yale, M.I.T., Cal-Tech, Clemson, Georgetown, Northeastern. These schools have immense labs and they are looking for the best quality as the work they are doing is used for presentations, assignments, demonstrations, etc.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123