Hello,

I am having trouble finding the proper assembly instructions for my MK8 Extruder Hot End Assembly. I have read sources recommending threading nozzle by hand, then backing out a turn and then threading thermal barrier tube in to make sure the nozzle is not up against heat block, and then I find other people saying other ways. I also hear many different things about the PTFE tubing, some people saying not to use it and other stating you can not print without it (which I believe is correct), also seeing different recommended lengths and widths for the MK8 as well as fully threaded thermal barrier tubes and ones just threaded on the bottom. I also am seeing people applying thermal grease to different areas such as thermal barrier tube threads, nozzle threads, ptfe tube? I have seen some say the ptfe tube should come down into the nozzle, and other saying it should just be the length of the thermal barrier tube.

I can not seem to find any official or manufacture assembly instructions for these parts, and I know much of the posts I am reading are different peopls opinions, but I can not seem to find accepted answers on what works best for most or recommendations for this assembly that the majority of people use. Could anyone clarify me on these points for me as I can not seem to find a defines answer as to how these are supposed to be from the manufacturer, or how the user community recommends they are for best performance?

Thanks!