Close

powerspec 3d pro usb connection issues

so most of the time i print with an sd card however ive been trying to connect to simplify3d through the provided usb cable. however, it doesnt seem to be working. it tells me that another device is connected to serial port com3. now ive gone throught the device manager and the only device connected to any serial port is the printers mightyboard (no other usb devices are connected to the laptop). so the mightyboard is detected but for some reason the printer will not connect. i had the same problem in repg.

if anyone can give me some guidance it would be much appreciated.

Engineer-in-Training
    Did you install the software that came on the SD card or from http://www.powerspec.com/3D_printers/3Dindex.phtml?

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    what version of windows are you using ?
    Apparently windows 10 has different usb thingies and - surprise surprise - doesn't work well with s3d usb connection.

Senior Engineer
    It is also possible that your computer has internal serial ports that are not presented outside the case.

To check if you have the right port unplug it and see if the port disappears.

I've had a bug very similar to this. I ended up having to change the com port number in Device Manager and then reboot my computer.

I currently have win 10 but I had win 7 when i first started to experience this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffmorris View Post
    Did you install the software that came on the SD card or from http://www.powerspec.com/3D_printers/3Dindex.phtml?
    Installed and repaired

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    It is also possible that your computer has internal serial ports that are not presented outside the case.

To check if you have the right port unplug it and see if the port disappears.
    Yes sir, When I unplug the mightyboard disappears from com3

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyImperial View Post
    I've had a bug very similar to this. I ended up having to change the com port number in Device Manager and then reboot my computer.
    I'll give this a shot