Close

Anyone here have a Stratasys?

Like a Mojo or uPrint? Would be cool to do a head to head. A community thing... Stratasys vs Flashforge vs Printrbot etc. Only FDM/FFF. We can compare things like visual quality, print time, accuracy, etc...

I doubt this will get an answer as Stratasys printers are horrendously expensive to operate...

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian Finke View Post
    I doubt this will get an answer as Stratasys printers are horrendously expensive to operate...
    And if you use non-Stratasys filament, they say they will prosecute you on Felony charges. After all... You would be guilty of not paying those ridiculous fees for their over priced filament and that certainly deserves prison time!

"Just say NO! to Stratasys."

Senior Engineer
    I had a couple and sold them both when I got my Wanhao, the prints are very similar and it is only 1/10 of the physical size.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    And if you use non-Stratasys filament, they say they will prosecute you on Felony charges. After all... You would be guilty of not paying those ridiculous fees for their over priced filament and that certainly deserves prison time!

"Just say NO! to Stratasys."
    You're right, of course. But its not just the filament. The HBP is a one-time-use item i.e. a new one is required for every print.

Then it has a layer height of minimum 0.178mm so...

Senior Engineer
    Mine were 768s and hair spray worked fine so I never bought a new build plate. It is also possible to adjust the layer heights if you get in there and mess with the files.

I also used the cheapest filament I could get and it was no different from the proper stuff. I still have two unopened and two part used cartridges in case I happen upon any more printers cheap

My post was directed specifically at the Mojo. Can't say much about the others. The uPrint looks quite impressive and seems to deliver fantastic prints but as Roxy says, their business practices are awful...

Here's my argument: I've done some pretty complex stuff on my printer. And word got around that there's a guy (me) that can do fantastic prints at the fraction of the cost of the Stratasys guys. I know I have my printer properly dialed in in terms of dual extrusion too so supports are not an issue so I thought a head-to-head would have been a nice test.

Not trying to run a Stratasys into disrepute, just want to gauge the gap...