Close

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Follow ServiceXp On Twitter Add ServiceXp on Google+ Add ServiceXp on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by scobo View Post
    I did try using your guide but couldn't get the card to connect to my router.
    According to this https://www.toshiba.co.jp/p-media/ww...ive_webdav.pdf the Flashair drive option only works with W-03 cards.
    When I ran the Flashair tool, the Flashair drive option was greyed out so I guess W-02 cards are not compatible.
    I can still ulpload to the card by connecting directly to it and using the browser mod however.
    Oh I'm sorry scobo, I didn't read your question correctly, (that's what happens when I try to multi-task). As you have discovered, the API changed with the W-03 cards giving it the additional functionality.

Sorry about that.

Technologist
    No worries. Thanks for confirming my thoughts.

Senior Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by scobo View Post
    I did try using your guide but couldn't get the card to connect to my router.
    According to this https://www.toshiba.co.jp/p-media/ww...ive_webdav.pdf the Flashair drive option only works with W-03 cards.
    When I ran the Flashair tool, the Flashair drive option was greyed out so I guess W-02 cards are not compatible.
    I can still ulpload to the card by connecting directly to it and using the browser mod however.
    I don't think my cards are w-03. I have had them a couple of years. They all connect fine to my router. It is unclear to me what you are trying to do without me going off and reading lots of guides.

The best thing to do with the Toshiba software is to put it in a bin bag and forget you ever owned it.

Technologist
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    I don't think my cards are w-03.
    Mine is clearly marked W-02 on the label on the front of the card.
    It appears this version isn't able to connect to a network.

Last edited by scobo; 06-09-2016 at 12:15 PM.

Follow ServiceXp On Twitter Add ServiceXp on Google+ Add ServiceXp on Thingiverse
    I don't think my cards are w-03. I have had them a couple of years. They all connect fine to my router. It is unclear to me what you are trying to do without me going off and reading lots of guides.

The best thing to do with the Toshiba software is to put it in a bin bag and forget you ever owned it.
    My understanding is that versions < W-03 Don't have Webdav to allow for mapped drive use.

Senior Engineer
    well mine don't have any "W-XX" written on them at all.

I just use them as a client on a static IP and drag files to the card's web page to upload them.

Technologist
    well mine don't have any "W-XX" written on them at all.

I just use them as a client on a static IP and drag files to the card's web page to upload them.
    That's how I use mine but this thread is about mapping the card as a drive in Windows.
    It's only possible with the W-03 cards.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by ServiceXp View Post
    I uploaded a video of the process.
    Attachments within posts on this forum are not currently functioning. No idea what the story is there. Could you please post the prototype text that should be in the CONFIG file? (Not as an attachment...)

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Attachments within posts on this forum are not currently functioning. No idea what the story is there. Could you please post the prototype text that should be in the CONFIG file? (Not as an attachment...)
    With the video full screen (via YouTube rather than this forum) I could read the screen text well enough to copy off and key in the missing CONFIG file parameters. Everything is working slick as you please now. I am using the FlashAir with S3D on a QIDI 3D printer and it makes for a very sweet setup. Thank you very much ServiceXP for making and posting your video, it likely saved me hours of frustration.

I did find that having the NOISE_CANCEL=2 line present in the CONFIG file seemed to kill off the FlashAir's wifi connection, but all seems to be perfectly functional without that particular line in there. It's working, so I'm not gonna fix it.

All during this install process I was throughly confused by an SSID issue. Specifically, whose SSID was being referred to by the two entries in the CONFIG file? I finally got it that both the SSID entries (and their password) in the final CONFIG file are the same, and are the one for my home router/access point. I kept thinking they were different, or the FlashAir card's...not so.

Technologist
    I ordered a W-03 card but still couldn't get it to connect to my router at first.
    I finally figured out the problem, my router was using wifi channel 12 but the flashair only uses channels 1-11 apparently ......
    http://www.toshiba.co.jp/p-media/wwsite/flashair.htm
    (see bottom of page)
    So I switched the router to channel 11 and it's now working great !
    Can now save directly to the card from S3D or access it from a mapped drive on the windows desktop.

@beerdart, I suspect this might be the issue you're having too.
    Check which wifi channel your router is using and try changing it if it's above 11.
    Last edited by scobo; 06-11-2016 at 10:58 PM.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast