Close

Student
    Add taskman on Facebook Add taskman on Google+ Add taskman on Thingiverse

Gizmo 3D Printers at CES

Hi

Just wanted to say we will be at CES from 6 to 9 January. We will be taking 2 printers with us. We will have a GiziPro with super speed and a GiziMate with an aspheric lens

This is where we will be
    Sands, Hall G - 80757
    http://ces16.mapyourshow.com/7_0/flo...BEA812DB6A925F

Kobus

How did your expo go? Congratulations on your work i hope you have great success. I was wondering if the resin is more a soft rubber or is there some rigid strength associated with it. I fly Gliders and i have been very interested in this type of application for Glider cockpit construction. We have been looking at the Markforged unit that creates nylon/carbon structures and would love to know if your product is more for pre manufacture modelling and design?

Student
    Add taskman on Facebook Add taskman on Google+ Add taskman on Thingiverse
    Thank you for wishing us well

I think it went well. We took alot of videos of people's reactions to the printers and we started posting it now on our social media pages
    https://www.facebook.com/Gizmo3DPrinters/

We also received alot of names of people interested in the launch. We would appreciate any help the community can give us to promote our printers since we are running low on money and advertising and PR just seems too much for us at this point in time. The launch will be 1 March on Indiegogo

Currently we print with FunToDo resins. Continuous printing seems to only be possible so far with their standard and industrial blend red. The wall thickness needs to be less than 1mm and you need to print an item hollow or with a honeycomb infill. If you want to print flat surfaces you need to change over to standard printing speed.

We made a video where we tested how strong a sphere was we printed using continuous printing and it could carry 30kg before it broke. FunToDo doesn't currently have a rubber type resin, but you are free to use any UV resin that works on other printers with our printer. So if you know of a rubber type resin we can look at maybe getting some and printing running shoes Many people are asking for a rubber type material at the moment.

FDM does give you a big range of filaments to print with, but more and more resins are coming out every day. You might want to talk to Bucktown Polymers to see if they have something you need. We are now printing items in 1.5 hours using continuous printing that would normally take 14 hours to 40 hours on other printers. After you experienced that kind of printing you will never look at FDM again

You can build carbon or any other materials into our prints if you want. I even printed steel into some of our parts. Maybe that could help you. The print gives you the form and the steel or carbon inside gives you the function.

We don't want to limit the capability of our printer by saying it is just meant for this or that. It is very customisable so it might be able to do what you need it to do. All depends on the resins that you can find. Also if the code can't do what you need I normally add more and more code. The application is sitting now on over 40k lines of code so there is alot in Gizmetor (our control application)