Close

da Vinci 1.0 Pro says cartridge 1 is empty even though im not using a cratridge

Not sure if this belogs here or the filament section, apologies if im wrong.

Is anybody with the da Vinci 1.0 pro experiencing this problem?
    One of this units big selling points is that it lets you use 3rd party filament. I used up most of the xyz cartridge that it came with and now have loaded 3rd party filament into the printer using the panel on the front of the printer and telling the unit I am not using an zyx cartridge, everything has been working fine for a couple of days but then the printer started giving me a low filament warning (pressing ok bypasses that) and now the xyzware software in the computer now gives me a message that says “insufficient filament for printing. Print job cancelled" Below that it is referencing cartridge 1 with an error symbol saying I need 6.49m and the cartridge only has 1.12m in it. I have tried rebooting the printer, software and the computer. I have uninstalled the filament and reinstalled. I have removed the xyz cartridge and tried without it.

Does anybody have any idea what else to try?

Thanks
    Ken

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    hit it with a bigger hammer ?

Sounds like it's resorted to the version that didn't allow 3rd party filament.

Try resetting the printer firmware to factory settings. Failing that follow one of the youtube guides to hacking the cartridge - no you shouldn't have to do that, but at least it'll work :-)

lol destruction was my first thought as well, although i was thinkng more train tracks but a big hammer would also do. I will give the firmware reset a try.

Ok, figured it out. Stupid procedural error on my part. You must unload existing filament, power the printer off, remove the cartridge, power the printer back on and then install the 3rd party filament. When I tried the first time I did not turn the printer off.