Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

3D Printed Cable Ties

If you've ever used a cable tie, you know how intensely frustrating they can be. They do their jobs almost too well - they can secure almost anything, but removing them can be an epic struggle. Design company Marbles LLC has made it their mission to take the struggle out of small, everyday, useful but infuriating items such as the cable tie. With a lot of help from 3D printing, they have developed releasable cable ties, along with a number of other products that promise to take at least some of the stress out of everyday life. Read more at 3DPrint.com: http://3dprint.com/112467/marbles-3d...ed-cable-ties/

Follow ServiceXp On Twitter Add ServiceXp on Google+ Add ServiceXp on Thingiverse
    What am I missing here? I've been using releasable zip ties for ages.. How are these 'new'?

Heh, try doing a quick search on Amazon for "releasable cable tie".

3,098 results

Guess 3dprintboard is running out of new topics to post, eh?

These are 3D printed

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    no they actually aren't.
    The designer used a 3d printer to design them (standard for at least the last 10 years I would have thought, if not longer) - but they'll be injection moulded for commercial production.

And yeah I think brian is running out of ideas :-)

From the article "a package of them will cost about 99 cents at the dollar store." No, they will be a dollar at the Dollar Store. The 99 Cent Store is in Reading, they will be 99 cents there.

Add me to the list of people that have used reusable ties for years.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    well given that in the states you add tax at the checkout - then a packet at the dollar store will cost MORE than a dollar.
    weirdest system I've ever come across.

Means you have absolutely no idea what stuff costs before you get to the checkout.

As I understand it, the reason is that the native americans don't pay tax, so the actual price tags are ONLY aimed at them. Well that's what they do in canada, not sure about the states.

Surely it would be much simpler to label everything correctly and just give the native americans a discount at the checkout. And if no-one's getting a discount - then there is no sense whatsoever in not putting the tax on the actual price tag.

Probably the most annoying thing about shopping in the states :-)

Follow ServiceXp On Twitter Add ServiceXp on Google+ Add ServiceXp on Thingiverse
    I'm glad I see exactly what our government is 'charging' for our societal structure. It's much more difficult to know with embedded taxation.

and...... it's not really that hard to determine how much an item is going to cost before check out.

Since math was never my strong skill, I moved to Delaware, "Home of Tax Free Shopping". So those cool, reusable, made using a 3D printed mold zipties are only a dollar.

Quote Originally Posted by AstroJetson View Post
    Since math was never my strong skill, I moved to Delaware, "Home of Tax Free Shopping". So those cool, reusable, made using a 3D printed mold zipties are only a dollar.
    LOL, Funny!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast