Close

CrafteHbot Full Color 3D Printer DIY Kit

Japanese company a-z-ia.net has created a most interesting 3D printer. The CrafteHbot Full Color 3D Printer DIY Kit, to be released February 2016, offers a new and more affordable twist on 3D printing in color in that it allows for the user to purchase and attach either a new or secondhand 2D inkjet printer, which basically paints the color onto the 3D model. Retailing at $2499 USD, the CrafteHbot kit offers a new patent-pending technology called ‘Direct to Object,’ which allows full color printing. Read more at 3DPrint.com: http://3dprint.com/111878/lunavest-c...ot-full-color/

Thinking outside the box. I like.

Follow ServiceXp On Twitter Add ServiceXp on Google+ Add ServiceXp on Thingiverse
    How does that work?

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    interesting variation - but I still think the guys making the add on kit that pre-colours the filament will take the prize when they start selling units.
    That just looks way too complicated.

Staff Engineer
    Those samples they show aren't exactly convincing. It's not hard to get colors that fade gradually into one another like a rainbow. And ignoring the atrocious fidelity of that "map", it's a basically flat part, which doesn't resemble most of the things people actually print. I wonder how well inkjet ink really adheres to plastic anyway - my guess is that it would wipe off easily.