Close

Question Temperature issues using Makerbot Desktop software with Flashforge Creator

I'm trying to print a small bust with my Flashforge Creator using the Makerbot Desktop software.

I want to print the model with ABS filament from the right extruder and the scaffolding using HIPS filament from the left extruder. I've set up my model in the software and exported it as an .x3g file with the extruder temperatures set to 230 degrees celsius. However, when I attempt to print, the extruders are only heating up to 38 degrees C. No target temperature appears as the printer heats up the extruders. The target for the base plate appears correct (110c/110c) but there's only one number showing for the extruders (38c) and it won't heat past that temperature.

I'm using the Replicator Dual as the target printer in the software and tweaking the settings a bit (resolution .15 mm; Raft on; Supports on; Left extruder: Makerbot dissolvable filament; Right extruder: Makerbot ABS filament, etc.)

Is the printer changing the temperature settings or am I setting it up incorrectly in the software?

Any help would be most appreciated. 8- )

I have no experience with makerbot software. However in replicatorg, onboard preferences, there is a button to click that says "override Gcode target temperatures". Perhaps there is something similar in your software. Make sure that you go through all your possible settings to ensure that there isn't an option that is overriding your target temperatures. Also on my flashforge creator pro I can change the nozzle temps by using the LCD controls to up the temp to where I want it.

Other than that how do you like Makerbot software? I'm using sailfish firmware and replicatorg and I feel like im trying to learn how to decode the freakin``

Thanks for the suggestion!
    I don't see a similar override option in the Makerbot preferences, but I'll keep poking around. 8- )
    In general the software feels very easy to understand and fairly straightforward. Its similar to ReplicatorG but with a more sophisticated UI. It appeared to be a simple set of settings to get what I was after, but the temperature glitch stopped me.
    I'll post the solution or workaround if I can discover it.

Quote Originally Posted by 3Dog View Post
    I have no experience with makerbot software. However in replicatorg, onboard preferences, there is a button to click that says "override Gcode target temperatures". Perhaps there is something similar in your software. Make sure that you go through all your possible settings to ensure that there isn't an option that is overriding your target temperatures. Also on my flashforge creator pro I can change the nozzle temps by using the LCD controls to up the temp to where I want it.

Other than that how do you like Makerbot software? I'm using sailfish firmware and replicatorg and I feel like im trying to learn how to decode the freakin``

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Pearson View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion!
    I don't see a similar override option in the Makerbot preferences, but I'll keep poking around. 8- )
    In general the software feels very easy to understand and fairly straightforward. Its similar to ReplicatorG but with a more sophisticated UI. It appeared to be a simple set of settings to get what I was after, but the temperature glitch stopped me.
    I'll post the solution or workaround if I can discover it.
    Did you ever find a solution for this issue as I am having the same problem....

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    you need to make sure that dual extrusion is selected and that you have got the temperatures set for both extruders - also make sure you've got them selected properly on the setup page for the printbed.
    Don't think I've had any heating issues with makerware. but you do have to double check every thing.
    If you change the print speeds - it will reset everything else, so any time you change the speed settings you have to go back and reset all the other settings.

It's my biggest gripe with it. Well that and not being able to change basic settings for a custom profile without editing the whole bloody thing.

Super Moderator
    Is this a creator or a new creator pro? Is this a new/recent version of Makerbot desktop? I have heard that new versions of Makerbot desktop are not working so good with printers that are not makerbot's. They are making the software more specific to just their printers. Not sure if this applies ... just a thought.