Close

Sailfish Manual - Setting up your printer - READ THIS

For all Makerbot Replicator 1 clones please use the Sailfish manual to set-up your printer.

Follow ServiceXp On Twitter Add ServiceXp on Google+ Add ServiceXp on Thingiverse
    Excellent Manual.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    lol there's a manual - who knew :-)

As I remember I switched her on and she talked me through the entire startup, loading filament and calibration process herself. No actual manual needed :-)
    That startup process impressed me no end.

She's a clever little thing :-)

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Wow, never even knew this manual existed... would have been handy..

There is one part that needs highlighting I think..

If instead, you see the error message “SD card not present”then you need to insert an SD card into your printer.If the error message “Unable to read this SD card format.Reformat as FAT-16 or FAT-32” is displayed, then you needto remove your SD card and reformat it. The SD card mustbe formatted as FAT-16 or FAT-32. Unlike standard MakerBotfirmware (which only supports FAT-16 on SDSC cards of2 GB or less), any capacity of SD card may be used, includingSDSC (standard capacity), SDHC (high capacity), and SDXC(extended capacity) cards. Note that many new SD cards nowcome formatted using the proprietary, licensed “eFAT” format.Sailfish does not support this format as implementation requireslicensing from Microsoft. If you have difficulty with a new SDcard, you may wish to check its format on your computer, reformattingit as “FAT” if necessary.To print an item, scroll to it and then press the center key;this will start the printing of the model, displaying the printmonitor screen. If you are unable to see or print an item savedon your card, you should reformat the files on the SD card.Items should be saved as .x3g or .s3g files (not case sensitive)with filenames 31 or fewer characters including extension. It isbest to use simple filenames that do not include spaces, accents,or other special characters.1If you are still unable to find an item, it may be in a folder.In Figure 3.5 the item “Toys” is a folder, as indicated by thesolid triangle. Folders can be opened by pressing the center key,which will take you to a submenu (See Figure 3.6). For this
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Yeah bloody exfat

Bought 128gbcard for new tablet.
    Windows reads it XP and 7.
    Android lollipop ? Notva chance.
    Had to get special utility to reformat as fat32.
    Tablet now reads it, but does seem to randomly unmount it.
    Don't need big card for printers so not an issue.

Technician
    what tablet is it, i have a samsung tab s, and thats fine with 128gb sandisk ultra card

Engineer-in-Training
    That was a very good read. Thanks for posting that.