Close

new guy looking at a few printer options..

Hi guys, i have been going over all the printers in my price range(about $900), and have come across this one on ebay... i cant find anything about it, except that the buy it now price range from $750- $950 and i cant seem to see any differences... is this dual extruder with a print size of about 8x8x8 just a farce? I know it seems too good to be true. I really like the fact that i could print in two colors, and i need to be able to print something that is 7in tall.. Please let me know your thoughts as i am ready to buy this thing right now... if not then i guess the solidoodle 3 is what i will get but i really want the dual extruder option....

$750 - http://www.ebay.com/itm/321323687891...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    $950- http://www.ebay.com/itm/3D-PRINTER-W...21323677685%26

Thanks for your help!
    btw i want to build a toy called a Kendama with my printer. It is a Japeneese skill toy, i currently have a company called Klack kendamas and they are typically made of wood.
    www.klackdamas.com

Technician
    I'm not sure why they are calling these "Replicators". That is kinda misleading, isn't it? Isn't the replicator only made by MakerBot? This is a DIY. Was the MakerBot Replicator a DIY printer or is this a whole other printer?

Looks just like an mbot diy kit honestly... I think I spent the better part of the past week re searching printers.. There are so many out there, this one seemed to be the best for the money, but I know it's just a cheap clone from China. UV been looking at the makerfarm 8" prusa i3 but I relay want a dual extruder. I really can't spend over $800 cause I need filament too...

Well i went ahead and purchased a makerfarm Pursa 8" i3!! I am super excited and cant wait for it to get here! I Figured i could just got the single extruder route and if i wanted to later on add one since there has been many people that have successfully done this! One of the main reasons i went with this option was how fast Colin (i guess who is the owner of the company) Responded to my email questions. I mean in minuets! I had lots of newbe qustions and we kept a nice report going and he didnt even miss a beat! I have heard great things about this printer and i cant wait to get into the build and start printing! now... to learn how to make my images that i want to print!

Don't forget to keep an eye on the MakerFarm thread further down the index page!

Old Man Emu

UP! Mini is BRILLIANT!
    I have Repraps and an UP! Mini - Love the UP.

The UP IS SO DAMN EASY!
    I started this reprap stuff the hard way! If I realised how good the UP quality was I would have started there (smaller build area 12x12x12).

Thanks but as I stated in my last post I decided on the makerfarm pursa 8" i3. I am quite excited for to arrive as well!

Can't go wrong with a Prusa! We have several. Good luck with the build, it should go pretty easily.

Technologist
    Congrats. You will like the Prusa and Makerfarm will give you great support that you may not have been able to get with the others. Once you get the i3 done you'll be ready to start looking into building and adding your own dual extruder.