Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ServiceXp View Post
    I have only loaded a few .stl files but did not have any problems.
    Well, I tried latest version and it Still would Not 'Load' .stl files,
    but I found an 'Add' button that seemed to load it ! Very strange ??
    ( both 'load' buttons were expecting other type file and could not change that)

It would Not send sliced file to our CTC printer though.
    It just sits there and blinks with no message, to know what the problem is ???
    Other than it says there is an Unknown printer on Com-port.
    Evidently Craftware software and the CTC printer are not compatible ??
    Last edited by EagleSeven; 12-13-2015 at 02:26 PM.

Follow ServiceXp On Twitter Add ServiceXp on Google+ Add ServiceXp on Thingiverse
    I have not had a chance to actually print using it yet. Once I get a chance I'll see if it works with my 2015 FFCP

Thank you guys for the feedback. I'm trying CraftWare to see how it'll do. I'm using it on OS X so hopefully it'll work alright. Will post my feedback once I've printed something.

Update: So I tried it out but it didn't even try heating the bed or extruders before trying to print and it printed way off the build surface. Perhaps I got something set wrong but I can say that I liked the support building feature. The interface could use some work... but heck so far every slicer I've used could use some work... this is 2015 after all.
    Last edited by king3d; 12-13-2015 at 05:13 PM.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    sounds like it's not outputting x3g files.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    I'll give it a go - but I'm betting no x3g compatibility

Follow ServiceXp On Twitter Add ServiceXp on Google+ Add ServiceXp on Thingiverse
    I think you are correct CA.

Engineer-in-Training
    - but I'm betting no x3g compatibility
    Just run the generated gcode through a gcode-to-x3g converter: https://github.com/whpthomas/GPX

If you use windows, install the MinGW package first and compile the util from MinGW.

I've just tried Mattercontrol tethered via USB and must say that it's provided the best prints I've seen yet. Tried exporting gcode then used RepG but had issue... May have been my fault though because I had GPX still set to makerbot and Mattercontrol exports Gcode as Reprap.

I get awesome results with Makerware. I would like to get great results with Slic3r but am having problems calibrating it. Played around with a few others but wasn't impressed. Not spending money on S3D, mainly because it can't improve on the quality of the prints.

Slic3r looks great and has tons of really useful options but as I said, I can't seem to calibrate it...

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian Finke View Post
    I get awesome results with Makerware. I would like to get great results with Slic3r but am having problems calibrating it. Played around with a few others but wasn't impressed. Not spending money on S3D, mainly because it can't improve on the quality of the prints.

Slic3r looks great and has tons of really useful options but as I said, I can't seem to calibrate it...
    Makerware-2.4 is Still the Only slicer that is completely compatible with our CTC printer
    and I think I've tried them All !
    Changing firmware may get some to work but I'm not going to chance-it.

Note: even latest versions of Makerware were Not completely compatible with present firmware
    Last edited by EagleSeven; 12-15-2015 at 08:28 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast