Close

Exclamation Are these two wires interchangeable?

Hi guys,

This is a picture of the top part of the extruder of the FF creator Pro. The black connector pin is on the left side, for my left extruder. The white connector pin is for the right extruder.

Currently I have been only printing with the right extruder (because i have some tool 1 error when I am trying to load filament to the left)...

Can I saw these connector pins so my left extruder would work?

Are they interchangeable or not?

Thanks for the help

IMG_4358.jpgIMG_3623.JPG

Follow ServiceXp On Twitter Add ServiceXp on Google+ Add ServiceXp on Thingiverse
    The extrudes are identical, but I'm not understanding why you want to swap the 2 if the left is not working??

Quote Originally Posted by ServiceXp View Post
    The extrudes are identical, but I'm not understanding why you want to swap the 2 if the left is not working??
    When I first got my FF Pro I never got a chance to use my left extruder because When i would load filament on the left side I would get a tool one failure, check wires...read around it people said make sure the wires are attached in the thermocouple at the bottom of the machine, did that too, but still get the same errors.

So i thought if i'd swap over the connectors then the left extruder would magically work....

Senior Engineer
    It will not work. The right extruder rotates one way, the left rotates the opposite way.

It will also not work because the right extruder temperature will be read and the left extruder motor will be rotated once the right extruder is up to temperature.

The wires you are referring to are just the stepper motor signals for pushing the filament.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    It will not work. The right extruder rotates one way, the left rotates the opposite way.

It will also not work because the right extruder temperature will be read and the left extruder motor will be rotated once the right extruder is up to temperature.

The wires you are referring to are just the stepper motor signals for pushing the filament.
    Thanks yea I figured it out now

Cheers!