Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry BUYER BEWARE - Makerbot promotion fine print

Purchased a Makerbot Replicator 2x on November 25, 2015. The promotion was that you got 5 free rolls of filiment with purchase. Sales guys were quick to answer back and help out until credit card was charged for the purchase. They now don't respond in a timely fashion...and finally responded today that the filament won't ship for another 2 weeks! Unless I purchase elsewhere, I am stuck.

Would have been nice if they would notify you before making the purchase that the filament needed to be purchased separately unless you want to wait a full month for the "free" ones...or that customer service drops off the face of the earth once credit card clears.

Very unhappy and wish I went elsewhere.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by mellis View Post
    Purchased a Makerbot Replicator 2x on November 25, 2015. The promotion was that you got 5 free rolls of filiment with purchase. Sales guys were quick to answer back and help out until credit card was charged for the purchase. They now don't respond in a timely fashion...and finally responded today that the filament won't ship for another 2 weeks! Unless I purchase elsewhere, I am stuck.

Would have been nice if they would notify you before making the purchase that the filament needed to be purchased separately unless you want to wait a full month for the "free" ones...or that customer service drops off the face of the earth once credit card clears.

Very unhappy and wish I went elsewhere.
    Did you get your printer yet? Where you from? I can help you out.

Mo
    www.LAFilament.com

purchased a makerbot replicator 2x on november 25, 2015.
    why?? homer.jpg

i was first chatting with a sales person from Makerbot...and at the end asked him to send me an offer via email or call me on the phone if they can't put special offers on the email...some companies have those policies.
    When I got a mail from them...the total package price was higher than what was quoted on website!!!!! Hellooooo....

So while I always wanted a makerbot....after reading all reviews and comments, i will for sure not get one!

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian Finke View Post
    why??
    Because he has money to burn...

Funny...after putting a negative review on their facebook page and starting this thread, I get an email with shipping confirmation of the "free" spools. Get this...they shipped it "UPS-Next Day" AND CHARGED ME FOR IT!!!!!!!!

Tempted to box it back up and return the whole mess. What a joke.

UPDATE: Got everything unpacked and set up last night...

MAKERBOT DOES NOT EVEN WORK!!!! UN-FLIPPING-BELIEVABLE.

To boot...there is melted plastic in both extruders. Last I checked, I bought this thing NEW!?

Sadly, this is commonplace for Makerbot printers.

To boot...there is melted plastic in both extruders. Last I checked, I bought this thing NEW
    This is normal actually. all printers get tested, although this brings us straight back to point number one...

UPDATE: Got everything unpacked and set up last night...

To boot...there is melted plastic in both extruders. Last I checked, I bought this thing NEW!?
    I don't know which country you're in but as a general rule if something doesn't work out the box, return it. Don't try and fix it, just return it. Don't create threads about what could be the problems, just return it. Get your money back asap.

Here in SA consumers are protected by the Consumer Protection Act. It basically allows you to return anything within 7 days of purchase even if the item is in perfect working order. And if it doesn't work (as in your case) then you have nothing to worry about, your refund is guaranteed. Look into it.

And stay away from Makerbot!

Thank you all for your input. I will be sending it back. The funny thing is that they sent it to me all assembled and in the box...but want me to take out the extruders and box it up a certain way to return it??!! If they have a proper way to ship these things, why did they not follow the same procedure to get it to my door??

Livid.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast