Close

FlashForge Creator Pro - Blinking Red light on back of print bed

Anyone know what the blinking red LED indicates?

It's on a tiny circuit board (2" x 1") directly on the rear side of the heated printer bed.

By the activity, I'm guessing it indicates data being read from the SD card....but then that really wouldn't make sense being that it's attached to the rear of the print bed.

It's not a hating indicator, because it blinks more like a hard drive light. A heat on/off indicator would probably come on a while then go off a while and repeat.

so anyone know what this might be?

Quote Originally Posted by Ward View Post
    Anyone know what the blinking red LED indicates?

It's on a tiny circuit board (2" x 1") directly on the rear side of the heated printer bed.

By the activity, I'm guessing it indicates data being read from the SD card....but then that really wouldn't make sense being that it's attached to the rear of the print bed.

It's not a hating indicator, because it blinks more like a hard drive light. A heat on/off indicator would probably come on a while then go off a while and repeat.

so anyone know what this might be?
    Yes, it's the Bed-Heat On indicator, in our CTC printer .
    Last edited by EagleSeven; 12-09-2015 at 01:11 PM.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    well on my creator x - it's a general purpose indicator that replaces the full on leds in the original replicator.
    And it flashes on and off regardless of whether the bed is heated or not.

I know this because my klic-n-print has the full set of case leds and no little blinking red light.

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    well on my creator x - it's a general purpose indicator that replaces the full on leds in the original replicator.
    And it flashes on and off regardless of whether the bed is heated or not.

I know this because my klic-n-print has the full set of case leds and no little blinking red light.
    I also would of thought the red light would indicate when the heater is on on the print bed....but it seems to flash off and on more like a hard drive light and much less like a heating element "ON" indicator. I would expect a heating element indicator to come on and stay on for at least a few seconds then go out.

Also, it never comes on during preheat of the print bed....only flashes while it's in progress of printing....sometimes.