Close

Making a Cross hatch or grid

Hello
    I am using Cubify invent abd CUBE 3D , trying to make a cross hatch pattern inside an irregular shaped oblong drawing, by cross hatch I mean intersecting lines with no material between them, like a net. I have taken the shape with out the cross hatch and extruded it to .030'' thick and it prints perfectly, but it is solid and I need it to be like a web inside. The oblong is 3.25'' long by 2.25 at the widest and .030 thick. In Cubify Invent it complains that my drawing in not closed if I try my attempt at this. If you can help with advice or if you can make it work for me and send the file from my drawing I would pay something reasonable for this via PayPal.

Thanks,

Alan

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    We use Slic3r, and usually specify a rectilinear fill pattern at 45 degrees at 30% fill. This gives alternating layers of / and \ infill patterns which intersect on layer boundaries, but do not overlap on the same boundary.

If that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Davo View Post
    We use Slic3r, and usually specify a rectilinear fill pattern at 45 degrees at 30% fill. This gives alternating layers of / and \ infill patterns which intersect on layer boundaries, but do not overlap on the same boundary.

If that helps.
    No the Cubify Cube uses a proprietary slicer, I don't think it can be replaced.

Alan